Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

X
Beginner February 2024 East Central London

Groom - wear glasses or not?

X Z, 2 of August of 2023 at 23:55 Posted on Planning 0 4
Struggling to decide if to wear glasses or not.

I do not like wearing glasses for photos but need them to see distance which includes something as close as TV.
Tried contact lenses and it did not go well.
So my options are wear them but not be as keen on the photos after. Or not be able to see clearly for the ceremony and photos but them on later when photos are done. Concern with not wearing them is I will miss the first look at partner until they are closer to me and will not be able to see our guests very well.
Anyone been in a similar situation?

4 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 3 of August of 2023 at 08:51
  • Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

As a full time spec wearer and someone who has terrible eyesight this was something I was really worried about but I literally wear my glasses all day every day, I look like a completely different person without them and I don't want to look like a different person on my wedding day.

I toyed with the idea of contact lenses, which would help me see everything but again, I wouldn't really look like me.

I've decided to treat myself to some new glasses specifically for the wedding so that they're brand new and it feels exciting x

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

If everyone knows you as wearing them as AJX has said you may not even look like you without them.

How long ago was the contact lenses try, one of my friends has just for the first time started using them and they love them but only for short periods like a day. Could it be worth another try and only have them in until the end of the main photos which is until you sit for your meal so from getting ready to meal it would be - say 11 am until 3.30 -4pm latest.

Other than that have your glasses in your pocket and flip them on and off, on for the waiting with the guests and first look - off for the vows and walk out, on for mingling, off for photos. And then keep them on for the rest of the day.

• X
    Beginner February 2024 East Central London
    X Z ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The issue is I could not even get them into my eyes. When the opticians did it for me they had to pin me down pretty much to get it out , did not realise I would react like that 😂

I will try them in my jacket tonight without a case. I did not want to make any buldges in my suit but maybe you can not notice, did not think of that!
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

As PPs have said, if you normally wear them, the risk is that you won't look like yourself without them!

If you don't like your glasses, why not get a different pair with frames that you do like?

If you don't want to wear them all the time, and don't want to carry them in your jacket pocket, then why not ask a family member or member of the bridal party to look after them for you. Then you can have them on for the ceremony, take them off for some of the photos after, and put them back on for the reception.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics