Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

carter89
Beginner May 2013

Grooms attire

carter89, 3 of October of 2012 at 12:24 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 5

Hello, i was just wondering what your grooms/groomsmen are wearing for a wedding abroad?

We are getting married next may in zante and think a normal suit might be too heavy, but were not sure we like the linen suits

Thanks xx

5 replies

Latest activity by Jasper Littman, 27 of November of 2012 at 18:49
  • Ampy
    Beginner October 2013
    Ampy ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I'm wondering the same as you - hopefully the newlyweds will be able to offer insight/suggestions.

xx

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

OH wore a linen mix suit, but with a bit more shape than the "floppy" type of linen suit. He wore it with a casual short sleeved shirt and leather flip flops (trouser legs turned up a little as well)

• carter89
    Beginner May 2013
    carter89 ·
    • Hide content

First time ive flashed so hopefully this will work.

Thanks for your reply, ive found this picture on google and we like the middle one so hoping we can find something in a lightweight material similar

xx

• Ampy
    Beginner October 2013
    Ampy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am loving this suit.

i think the only regret I will have about marrying abroad is not seeing my H2B in top hat and tails.

Small price to pay when compared to all the positives of jetting off to sunny climates lol - not many things on the half empty list ;-)

• Selenalee69
    Beginner April 2013
    Selenalee69 ·
    • Hide content

My O.H. got a lightweight suit,rather than linen from a website called Brook Taverner. It had 3 or 4 colours available , and was on offer...I think it was around £120.

• Jasper Littman
    Beginner June 2012
    Jasper Littman ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Carter.

A lot of people assume that there's nothing between a proper English business suit and a very casual linen suit but actually the choice is huge.

You want something that's cool in hot climates but doesn't crease all over the place like linen, am I right? What you need is a pure wool in an ultra-lightweight fabric.

If you go to a bespoke tailor he can show you tropical weight fabrics that are specifically designed for tropical weather. Some of them are as light as six and a half ounces (per square yard). To give you an idea the average medium weight business suit is around twelve ounces.

If you're worried about the durability of these light weight wool fabrics you could always go for a wool & mohair mix. The mohair adds durability and it also has a natural resilience so it creases less than a pure wool suit.

Hope that helps.

P.s. whichever option you take, don't hang around because having suits tailored can take 2-3 months depending on which tailor you use.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics