Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner December 2012

grooms gift box

mrsq2be, 1 of August of 2011 at 21:47 Posted on Planning 0 21

Is anyone having one? if so what are you putting in it?

id love to do one as i think they are far more personal x

21 replies

Latest activity by LoveLetterMD, 9 of December of 2011 at 13:08
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

This particular forum is really for the guys to discuss guy things at the wedding like suit hire, speeches and suchlike.

You might find more response in the 'general' wedding planning forum as, assuming you mean a gift box for the groom, you won't get many ladies dropping by here.

• E
    Beginner August 2012
    eliz9390 ·
    • Hide content

I'm struggling with this one too.......Guys - what would you like to find in a gift box from your wife-to-be on the morning of your wedding? I can only think of the conventional items, cufflinks (my OH never wears them) small bottle of alcohol (OH doesn't drink) cigar (OH doesn't smoke).

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

As a guy, none of those things you mention are of much use to me for the reasons you've already outlined.

I honestly don't know what I'd "like" - we've already agreed that we aren't really "doing big gifts to each other" at our wedding on the simple basis that we're giving each other the greatest gift - ourselves - and anything we buy will pale into insignificance against that.

I know the 'boudoir shoot' books are quite common gifts but you may or may not have the courage to do that, plus if your OH is getting ready with the best man and ushers you may not necessarily want them to catch a glimpse of its contents.

I think if I happened to get a box presented to me for the morning of the wedding, I'd just be grateful of the thought that went into whatever the contents are, rather than thinking "I wish I'd been given XYZ".

Depending on his plans the night before, it's possible that things like pro-plus, hangover cure, breath mints etc could be useful Smiley smile Some people give 'groom socks' too.

It's a lot more about the thought that went into it, rather than the value of it, IMO. As we are all different, only you know what your man will really appreciate/enjoy/want/need. Things like if every time he goes away on holiday he forgets to pack his toothbrush and has to buy a new one, put a new one in the box Smiley smile I'd say everything would be more meaningful if labelled with a few words as to why you've put them in, bound to bring a smile to his face and make him relax. Believe it or not, it's not just brides that get nervous Smiley smile

• E
    Beginner August 2012
    eliz9390 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fabulous advice as always AJ....thank you! I like the idea about labelling items with meaningful words. Will def be doing this me thinks! ?

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

I think only too often when it comes to weddings we fall into the trap that extravagance is necessary when it's the meaning that matters more, and as I said, only you and your partner know what's the most meaningful.

For example, I love chocolate - who doesn't - but my favourite has to be the Star Bar. One of those from my b2b with a little note like "today is going to be out of this world" or similar would raise a smile more than a chunky kit kat saying "see you later" because there's no obvious reason for a chunky kit kat, even though I like those too.

You have plenty of time - so make the most of it (just beware of anything with use by dates). Perhaps you could get a picnic basket of some kind to put everything in, rather than a cardboard box, because then you could use that again after the wedding. It's also easily decorated with ribbon etc in your colours.

• MrsMac2be
    Super May 2015
    MrsMac2be ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing a box for my OH, at the moment it has in it -

My beautiful Groom journal

A pair of cufflinks

A T-Shirt with Under New Management on it (i think/hope he will see the funny side)

A gorgeous white ceramic heart with I Love You on it

A Good Husbands Guide book (which has really old fashioned values in it etc on how a husband should treat his beloved wife lol)

Will also be getting him a hip flask (engraved), a small bottle of scotch to put in it, a cigar and thinking about doing a boudoir shoot too.

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi KBS, hope you dont mind me asking where did you get the ceramic heart from?

Thanks, Sally x

• MrsMac2be
    Super May 2015
    MrsMac2be ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi sally

I got it from Oh So Cherished... I do so LOVE that website Smiley smile

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Thank you KBS. Sally xxx

• M
    Martin2 ·
    • Hide content

Can you share that website link here please????

Because I also want to purchase it..!!

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Martin2, the website is www.ohsocherished.co.uk but i cannot find it on there. Will contact KBS for details of it. Sally x

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi KBS, me again, sorry to trouble you, but can you forward the link for the ceramic heart - cannot seem to find it on the Oh So Cherished site. Thank you once again, Sally xx

• J
    jhndavid ·
    • Hide content

It's an nice idea for the groom's gift.Hats-off to you.My suggestion ,present the simple gift and should like by the groom.Most importantly ,The Groom should remember for long time.

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

KBS I love the t-shirt with under new managment on it! I might have to steal that idea!

• brenda.hu
    Beginner June 2012
    brenda.hu ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

• J
    jhndavid ·
    • Hide content

My friend gave the groom gifts.She had given the good gifts that his groom interested in some things like he loves to golf, we got him an electronic score keeper and new putter, our best man got tickets to a Giants game, and my brother got an i-pod touch because he loves music.It is the best way to present a gifts for the groom.Like that,the brides gifts.

• cara.jayne
    Beginner October 2013
    cara.jayne ·
    • Hide content

What is a 'boidoir shoot'? x

• R
    Beginner April 2012
    robert 25 ·
    • Hide content

Grooms gifts is very gorgeous and heart touching gifts.

• R
    Beginner April 2012
    robert 25 ·
    • Hide content

Here at the very specialize in high quality and highly Unique Groomsmen Gifts! is focused on offering only the best when it comes to expressing gratitude for those who will share in the celebration of your wedding planner. Our selection of Grooms Gifts is based on what guys really want!

• A
    adver ·
    • Hide content

Hi

as my big day comes along am trying use the site
    www.Film-By-You.co.uk to do my planning

• R
    Beginner February 2012
    rds ·
    • Hide content

My fiance got me a pair of cufflinks from a craft fair here in Edinburgh a few months ago. I love them. They are made from old typewriter keys. I looked up the store and it is called kapunk on etsy. www.kapunk.etsy.com . I plan on getting a pair for all of the grooms men and my soon to be father-in-law. I think that would make a pretty good gift for the box!

• L
    LoveLetterMD ·
    • Hide content

We get a lot of brides making our photo-love-letters or love books to give hubby on the day either in a gift box or just on it's own.

They are easy to create online or you can just do something similar DIY style. Get together a few memorable photos of you both, then combine with a love letter. In the letter you can remind him of how you got together and what first attracted him to you, tell him why you think he's so special and how he makes you feel. Perhaps reminisce over some funny/romantic times together and tell him how excited you are about your future together. Then add a touching poem or quote and you have something that is incredibly personal and touching and will be treasured for a long time to come (and will probably bring a tear to his eye...)

www.photoloveletter.co.uk

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics