Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner September 2012

Grooms surprise present ideas please...

Jadeplus2, 31 of August of 2012 at 18:13 Posted on Planning 0 24

Hello

So my h2b is staying in a hotel the night before the wedding and I wanted to surprise him with something on the morning of the wedding by getting the hotel staff to take him a present or do something special only i am stumped on what I can do?

I was thinking of a bottle of aftershave and a little note attached saying "cant wait to see you at 2.30" or something similar but what do you think? Also he will have a friend in the hotel room with him so dont want to embarrass him!

Thanks in advance,

Jade

24 replies

Latest activity by Lofty86, 6 of September of 2012 at 19:47
  • L
    Beginner May 2012
    lillianni ·
    • Hide content

Have you thought about a hip flask with an inscription?

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

What sort of things does he like? Is he sporty? does he like films? Music?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

A nice swanky watch- with a note 'to make sure you are on time' or something.

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    Soon2bMrsMay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have bought something to use in a similar vain, however as we are having a 1940s theme i have brought him a fob watch. I am going to write a little tag with "to make sure you are on time." i have bought some rescue remedy pastiles which i will write "to help with the nerves", a pack of hankies (purple to go with colour theme) and write "in case your emotions spill over" and a mug saying "i love you"

• ChannyPink
    Beginner September 2014
    ChannyPink ·
    • Hide content

My H2b sings and plays guitar and as he will most definatly be doing this for me on our wedding I'm having a silver guitar pick engraved as a gift xxx Smiley smile

• raindrop_eye
    Beginner October 2012
    raindrop_eye ·
    • Hide content

How about a little photobook of pictures of the two of you? They're really easy to make - try Snapfish, Photobox, Albelli... lots of places do special offers.

• Mrs Whippy
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs Whippy ·
    • Hide content

I have just ordered Mr a football shirt from his fave team, with 13 September on the back (our wedding date)

• K
    Beginner August 2012
    kacy1988 ·
    • Hide content

I did a box of odds and sods, a friend is a paper cutter so I commissioned a piece saying " today I marry my best friend ", a bottle of bells for dutch courage, a " how to be good husband book ", marbles - for us to share when we lose our own, Groom socks - for his cold feet.... ummmm

I bought a few other things but can't think what they were

• C
    Beginner April 2013
    Callalily ·
    • Hide content

I love these ideas of little bits and bobs - book, socks etc and may now do my own! My initial idea was to have one of these boudoir photo shoots although they are expensive, it's not something I would usually do so he won't be expecting it and I might enjoy doing it, usually don't like a any photos of me though!!

• Hypnopoison
    Beginner September 2012
    Hypnopoison ·
    • Hide content

I've bought mine a watch he said he liked (although it won't be suitabl to wear on the day - brown strap and grey suit wouldn't go) but he wanted it before.

I'm going to try and write him a letter so he can open both on the morning of the wedding. Not very original I'm afraid Smiley surprise)

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

A letter/card, personalised converse (which he can wear if he wants), a tin for 'man things', a picture of his late father to pin inside his jacket and a VERY cool mini Apple Mac mirror

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

I've got mine a Groom's Goodie Bag with:

Groom socks - so he doesn't get cold feet

A miniature bottle of port (his fave tipple) - so he can steady his nerves

A keyring engraved with our wedding date - so he never forgets our anniversary

A Good Husband Guide - so we have a happy marriage

A ring for sex bell - so he never has any complaints

A chocolate heart with a personalised message on (this is how he proposed to me) - so he knows how sweet our love it

A remembrance pin frame - so his Nan can be with him on his wedding day

A watch - so he's not late

And finally a boudoir shoot - so he remembers why he's marrying me

?

• Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

XMissyLoux these ideas are all fantastic!!!

I bought my groom a sign that said 'Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours' which I had placed in our room with a big red bow to give him later on in the evening.

I also bought him a surprise present off our wedding gift list, which got delivered into our pile, so that when we opened the presents together the next day he read the note card and realised that it was from me to him. It was a cushion that said 'kiss me' - and the note said - Kiss me forever, Love, your wife.

Your groom will be touched with 'anything' you give him on the day. A wedding gift is a lovely gesture and I'm sure your groom will be even more excited to see you walk up the aisle.

Fran x

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I gave mine a journal, a handmade card and some personalised biscuits which he loved so much he brought with him to the venue for the TOG to get a pic of:

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

I've just ordered this tshirt from vista for OH for morning after. I've got one to wear myself too (different design)

I'm also planning to get some 'so your feet don't get cold' socks and a nice card for him to open, oh and this...(we are always joking about him being in the doghouse) I might try and rope the ushers or his dad into setting it up in the garden of where he's staying the night before so the VOG can capture full reaction of it

• C
    Beginner September 2013
    Caraboo ·
    • Hide content

I'm nicking xMissyLoux's idea because I love it! My OH's parents are no longer with us, so I've bought a pocket watch that can take two photos and I'm putting pictures of them in so they're with him on his day.

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

I gave mine a box with an engraved hip-flask, engraved shot glass, bow tie, groom cufflinks and socks. I wrapped up each present and put a little note on them (i.e "a bit of Dutch courage", and "so you don't get cold feet.")

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jadeplus2 ·
    • Hide content

I am loving all these ideas thankyou everyone!

So I think I will do a little goodie bag too of something smelly, some tissues, socks, a cake or biscuit or something yummy, some rescue remedy, a photo and some fresh breath spray and I will attach little notes to every thing explaining why they are in there!

Thankyou!

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

We are both into travel and mountaineering, so I wanted sthg that reflected that. I ended up getting him a leather bracelet with a silver bar stamped with the latitude and longitude of the wedding venue, and a set of cufflinks, one with a map of the ceremony location and one with a map of where we went on safari as the second half of our trip. He adores them both! (Both from notonthehighstreet)

• raindrop_eye
    Beginner October 2012
    raindrop_eye ·
    • Hide content

Pandorasbox, would you mind telling me where you got the personalised biscuits from? I love this idea, but don't think I'd be able to bake and ice them in secret! Or to decorate them so beautifully!

• sarah8286
    Beginner June 2014
    sarah8286 ·
    • Hide content

Its also my h2b birthday the day we get married so i was planning on hiring a red farrari to pick him up from his parents house to take him to venue, so its really a combined thing (transport and birthday) and then I thought I would package him a little box up with all his favourite things in. I really wanted to give him something during the speeches to say happy birthday but not sure what

• xKellsBellsx
    Beginner December 2012
    xKellsBellsx ·
    • Hide content

I've got mine some personalised cufflinks (with the date we get married on them), and a "My Beauitful Groom" journal (an idea I stole from another Hitcher!), which is from ohsocherished.com. It is basically a book which contains lots of questions about you, him and your relationship and you fill it in with your responses. It's quite sweet, although my MOH told me I was a sap!! x

• fizzpop
    Beginner September 2012
    fizzpop ·
    • Hide content

I've ordered some Hobbit feet slippers (so he doesn't get cold feet - and also so geeky he'll love them) a silver guitar pick with 'I PICK YOU' engraved on one side and our names and wedding date on the back.

I'll go shopping with him afterwards to buy him a watch as I'm good at choosing geeky presents but not so good on high value ones!

• Lofty86
    Beginner October 2012
    Lofty86 ·
    • Hide content

Im giving my OH a card with I Cant wait to be Mrs T on it (thanks to the reccomendation from Kharv!)

Inside will be Legal deedpoll documents of our sons change of name to Master T. My OH and I met when i was 7 months pregnant and has brought him up as his own - next step is adoption but I cant do that without him knowing!!

Ive also got him some groom socks, a grooms survival kit and a t-shirt with "under new management" on it

Kat

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics