Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner July 2016

Groomsmen suits???

HappyBrownDiamonds179, 26 of January of 2016 at 02:51 Posted on Planning 0 12

Has anyone got any recommendations on the best place to hire groomsmen suits? I am looking for 4....

12 replies

Latest activity by LauraLtobe, 31 of January of 2016 at 18:06
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Moss Bros, Debenhams and Burtons all have a good selection and you can 'build' your outfit online Smiley smile

My Brother used Moss Bros for his wedding and my Step Dad used them when he married my mum - both recommend them x

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I've heard a lot of negative reviews about Moss Bros. I was recommended Slaters by a number of people on here. H2B and I took a drive to our nearest one on Saturday and they had a really good selection and have picked one that we will order when we go back with the rest of the men soon. We are looking to buy, but they also do hire.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I've heard a lot of bad reports on moss bros too. Maybe varies from shop to shop. Given a choice I would probably avoid them.

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

It definitely varies shop to shop. We always use the one in Birmingham because the one in Solihull is awful!

I was just suggesting the big stores in case your groomsmen are far flung from each other, so that they can go to their local store and get measured

x

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

We are using Slaters, hopefully ordering this week. We were impressed with the quality when trying on. I don't know much about the ordering/fitting process yet as we haven't ordered but we are hopefully going end of this week so I can let you know how we get on? xxx

• L
    Beginner October 2016
    Lakesbride16 ·
    • Hide content

My OH went to quite a few shops in Birmingham with his BM and went with Formal Affair. He said they were excellent and really personable. The others didn't have very good service and some were rude. Not sure where you are based but you could see if a Formal Affair branch is near you.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HappyBrownDiamonds179 ·
    • Hide content

Rach_217 - that would be great!

Two of the Groomsman are based in Essex, and two are in London... So we might need a supplier with multiple locations, so they can go at their own time to arrange the fittings....

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

We bought instead of hired, but ours all came from Next (different suits, not matching) and all the guys seem happy. It might be worth looking into how much price difference there is between hiring and buying.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HappyBrownDiamonds179 ·
    • Hide content

I would have thought buying would cost a lot more? If you do buy are you still expected to pay for the whole suit?

Anyone used Moss Bross - my Fiance got his from there when he was a groomsmen for his friends wedding and he liked them, but I think I have heard some bad things on this forum...

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

We did Next too, and just gone back on the website, for Jacket, waistcoat and trousers we went for, it's £108 per person. If you're not having a waistcoat then it's £79.

We wanted them to keep them, like the girls are keeping their dresses, you don't hire them, so felt a bit mean to hire the suits.

Do compare the prices between hiring and buying, also with the hire, check the t&c's in regard to how they are returned, and what state, because if you have to pay to have them dry cleaned say before you return them, that'll cost as well.

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

Very impressed with Slaters so far, ordered on Friday and was straight forward and it's easy enough to get everyone else in the party measured/fitted. Plus can pick them up from any store so if people can't make it to the main store you order from that's not a problem.

They have an offer where if you hire 5 you only pay for 4, so that helped the budget a little bit ?

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    LauraLtobe ·
    • Hide content

We are using Moss Bros, in Solihull and York. Chose them over Formal Affair because my SIL used them and the suits were absolutely awful, mis matched and dirty and my OHs suit was the wrong size but they tried to argue that was his mistake! The correct waistcoats for the groom and best man ended up being delivered on the day of the wedding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics