Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Twigz22
Beginner July 2017

Groupon Deals (Glasgow venues?)

Twigz22, 1 of January of 2017 at 19:46 Posted on Planning 0 2

We were due to be married in Italy in July but sadly my mum's taken ill and can not fly and we need to push the wedding forward.

We are trying to find a cheap wedding package in Glasgow and browsing groupon and wondered if anyone has any experiences with these and if it was worth while.

Thanks

2 replies

Latest activity by DreamsComeTrue2015, 9 of January of 2017 at 11:56
  • MartinC Photography
    MartinC Photography ·
    • Hide content

I'm not familiar with wedding venues in Glasgow but there was a similar thread about Groupon deals a few days ago.

My suggestion then and now is that you need to be very careful about the small print and ensure you understand exactly what is included. What's not. And what you will need to buy through them.

So for example, if you buy a deal for 50 people. How much is it to add an extra person? Are there any supplier restrictions such as you must use their DJ or chair cover firm?

Done correctly then yes, it can be an absolute bargain.

• L
    Beginner November 2017
    LuxuriousPurpleCakes715 ·
    • Hide content

One of my friends got married in the Hilton in Glasgow after booking a groupon deal. She had a fair small, simple wedding but it was stunning and she said it was really hassle free and she still got everything she wanted. Would definetly look into it Smiley smile

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

It might be worth contacting hotels directly as well. If you're booking this year and off season they'll likely do a really good deal, just to get the business in.

One of the venue's we looked at offered us their top package (there was a fireworks display and everything!) for less than half the usual price if we got married that year.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics