Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner September 2015

Guest book

Fairycake135, 26 of August of 2015 at 12:13 Posted on Planning 0 9

I'm wondering what everyone did re their guest book - did you have a traditional one for guests to write messages in, or an alternative? I think I'd like a traditional guest book, something simple (not into ribbons or anything too elaborate) but am really struggling to find one - where did everyone buy theirs?

9 replies

Latest activity by RomanticBlueFlowers251, 27 of August of 2015 at 22:04
  • P
    Beginner August 2015
    Panda-gill ·
    • Hide content

We had a small traditional one as we had a small wedding and bought it from notonthehighstreet. It has 3 hearts on the front each made of a map which we had the map of where we met, where we bought a house and where my husband is posted now. It worked well as we live long distance as he is in the army so it worked well. Here's a link:

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/poshtottydesignscreates/product/small-hearts-personalised-guest-book

Xxx

• K
    Beginner July 2016
    kay_ ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to create my own version of this:

https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/lillypeadesigns/product/hand-drawn-wedding-fingerprint-tree

I've bought some ink pads from Amazon already and just need to design the tree Smiley smile I'm only going to have their name next to the fingerprint so will need to provide some kind of guest book alongside. I'm tempted to go with this (it matches my wedding planner and is quite cute!):

https://busyb.co.uk/store/wedding-guest-book.html

I don't have much budget for the guest book so I've kept it simple, would be lovely to go with something more personalised though! Will be keeping an eye out for a bargain just in case!

• D
    Beginner August 2015
    derdle ·
    • Hide content

We had this one from John Lewis:

http://www.johnlewis.com/hearts-guest-book/p717230

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I've ordered one of those drop top guestbooks - cost just under £30 which is a lot less than I've seen elsewhere. Just hope the quality is ok!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

My wedding is just after new year so if I had guests which I don't, and if I had a Christmas tree, which I don't, I would have guests write messages on baubles and hang them on my tree every Christmas.

didnt win on that one at all did I, however I've seen it on Pinterest and it's lovely.

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    LauraLtobe ·
    • Hide content

I'm not too fussed for a guest book so maybe not the right person to reply but we are doing something...

Jenga blocks! Going to leave them on the tables with some sharpies for people to sign. That way we will actually occasionally read them Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsEdisToBe ·
    • Hide content

We are having a signing frame from John Lewis x

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

We made this drop top heart guest book.

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

We have the busyb one Kay posted. We also bought an Instax Mini camera so guests were able to take pictures to add to their entries. It was a huge success!

• R
    Beginner September 2015
    RomanticBlueFlowers251 ·
    • Hide content

We're sticking to tradition where our guests sign a red cloth embroidered with a Dragon and Phoenix (symboliises ying/yang, the bride and groom). Only we don't have that weird white pieces of paper with our name printed on it:

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics