Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner December 2014

Guest book alternative

MrsDecemberBride, 22 August, 2014 at 01:59

Posted on Planning 41

Hi, just wondered whether any of you are having a guest book alternative? im torn between a large photo of us in a frame with a large border so guests can sign that, or I've found a 'drop top guest book' where guests write their well wishes on little wooden hearts and post them into a frame...

Hi, just wondered whether any of you are having a guest book alternative?

im torn between a large photo of us in a frame with a large border so guests can sign that, or I've found a 'drop top guest book' where guests write their well wishes on little wooden hearts and post them into a frame (http://www.bspoak.co.uk/the-drop-top-guest-book-x22minix22-186-p.asp)

I think if I have a standard guest book I'm unlikely to look at it other than when I read the comments for the first time. The only thing is people can write more and be more personal in a guest book... Would I be missing out by not heaving one??

Any thoughts/alternative ideas?

41 replies

• S
    Beginner
    SunnyGreenCakes413 ·
    • Hide content

I made my own painting for everyone to sign with a symbol of our names in the middle, then afterwards we will have a piece of artwork to enjoy! See it here and follow my blog for more DIY ideas http://sophiew-s.tumblr.com/post/146787638752/day-56-why-have-a-boring-book-for-guests-to-sign

• DewiCloughWeddingPhotography
    DewiCloughWeddingPhotography ·
    • Hide content

We did a finger print tree for ours. We had a family member who is an artist, paint the tree and our guests finger printed the leaves and just simply signed them. We now have the tree framed beautifully and hanging as a piece of art in the house. We weren't overly fussed about having a book for people to write in and I certainly don't feel we have missed out. Our tree gets tonnes of lovely comments from people who visit and if we had a book, it probably wouldn't have seen the light of day.

Just a word of warning about the photos with the border for signing. I've seen these spoilt unfortunately due to people mistakenly writing their messages upside down while the picture is on the table! Just a thought if you were planning to hang it afterwards.

• B
    Beginner November 2015
    Bridally ·
    • Hide content

Thought I'd pop back on to show the finished product. I decided to make one myself as I couldn't justify spending the £200+ companies were asking for. I bought the frame off ebay for £17, bought the hearts off ebay for about £6 and some peach paint for £3 from wilkos. My dad cut a hole in the top of the frame... et voila! We love it and it's now nicely displayed on our wall!

• M
    Beginner July 2017
    Much_ado_about_weddings ·
    • Hide content

That looks amazing!! Smiley smile

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

That looks fab! I'm tempted to try the same!

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

You've done a great job on that - looks amazing!

We did our 'Wonderwall' - it was our first dance too! The aim of the game was to complete a little card with a message, then we will open them all on our 1st wedding anniversary.

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    LauraLtobe ·
    • Hide content

There's some lovely ideas here! We are doing Jenga as we play board games together quite often (and jenga is about the only one I sometimes win!).

We have bought a normal sized Jenga set from Etsy, which has our names/wedding date etched into the pieces and comes in a lovely box. I'm really excited to play with it once the wedding is done and the dust has settled! Hopefully there'll be enough room for people and I'll probably scrap book messages from cards anyway.

• M
    Beginner December 2016
    MrsPtobe2016 ·
    • Hide content

Https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32436018926.html

Hiya girls I just saw this online (the Chinese website was on the money saving expert.com email this week so I couldn't resist a browse through the wedding section) it's the heart shapes in the frame for $29.99 (not sure how much that is in UK pounds but looks like a good deal and it's got good reviews so thought I'd link it up as I know a few of you wanted one but it's highly priced in most places!

• B
    Beginner November 2015
    Bridally ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies!! I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I'm really happy with it. And I'm glad I didn't spend a small fortune.

Love the wonderwall and the jenga ideas Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics