Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner September 2013

Guest Book Prompts

Vix7913, 19 of August of 2013 at 09:44 Posted on Planning 0 1

With only a few weeks to go until the big day I am now trying to sort out some kind of guest book. I have pretty much decided I don't really want the traditional style book as every wedding I have been to only the first few pages get written in and then it is just blank.

To fit in with our theme I was thinking of having some bunting line strung up over our cards/guestbook table, then having small card bunting triangles that people could then write on and peg up onto the bunting line. Then after the day we can stick them and photographs of the guests into a guest book.

I wanted to do some of the cards with a question or a prompt i.e. Advice for the Bride & Groom, a funny story about the happy couple etc does anyone have any suggestions of other questions or prompts I could use?!

1 replies

Latest activity by flowersinherhair, 19 of August of 2013 at 10:11
  • Guy Wade
    Guy Wade ·
    • Hide content

I think guests are sometimes worried about "messing up" a guest book with bad handwriting or corrections or thinking that it's only for family members. Then nobody thinks to mention the guest book and, as you say, it ends up mainly empty.

The bunting idea is great, but instead of making guests go to a particular table, why not put the blanks and pens on their tables (with clear instruction)? That way people have more time to think about what to write. Then guests can peg them up or you can appoint someone to collect them from the tables.

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

I think for your idea, what Guy said is best, actually leaving them on the tables with a pen.

I have seen ushers and/or BM's start the guest book going round at other weddings and making sure it keeps on getting passed around. I don't understand people's hesitation about signing guestbooks? It is such a nice thing for the B+G to look back on, why wouldn't you want to do that for them?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics