Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Curious June 2022 Cambridgeshire

Guest plus one advice

Expensivepurplebridesmaid50886, 28 of December of 2019 at 12:11 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi there!

me and my partner are the stage in our wedding plans where we are just about to order our invitations. We have all of our guest numbers ready to go and know who we’d like to invite to the and evening until my partners grandmother told us that she’s invited my partners cousins boyfriend who we haven’t met. I’m in two minds about this as we have never met him and we haven’t seen the cousins for around 3 years. I think they have been dating for a year or two and they I think they live together but I don’t feel comfortable him watching us get married and having to pay for him to eat with us. We have really struggled with sticking to our original wedding budget and with it costing £250 per person I don’t like the idea of having to add this to our final cost. There has been some discussion about this between me and my partner and he thinks I’m being a diva and causing arguments by saying no. I told his grandma that we aren’t doing plus ones and that neither of our sisters have a plus one and explained about the money side of things but said that the cousins boyfriend is more than welcome to come to the evening. this caused a bit of a disagreement between me and the grandma as a few years ago I went to another cousins wedding, however I had met her many times before. Both of our parents are contributing to the wedding (mine more than his) and my parents have not once invited anyone. If we say yes to this person it will be the 5th person his family have invited. His family is not a close family and they go months/ years without seeing each other where as mine see each other all of the time.

Am I being unreasonable by saying he can’t come to the day but he can come to the evening?

Thank you in advance for any advice!!

1 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveRedStationery83039, 29 of December of 2019 at 21:28
  • H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

It wasn’t really the granny’s place to invite someone to your wedding, was it? I’d be more annoyed at her for doing that than anything else!

• E
    ExpensiveRedStationery83039 ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

Is the Grandmother paying for the cousins girlfriend? If not then I don't think you should feel bad at all.

Like you said you don't know her nor have you met her before.

I just think that maybe his Grandmother didn't want the cousin to feel alone?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics