Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

beccak
Beginner September 2014

Guest puzzles - are these wedding-related anagrams too hard?

beccak, 7 of May of 2014 at 21:44 Posted on Planning 0 7

I saw a cute idea online where some little quizzes were included in the order of ceremony or on the back of place cards, just as something for guests to do if they're sat waiting. I've used a website to make a crossword and wordsearch and have also come up with some anagrams (with the help of an online tool!) I just asked my OH to see if he could guess them and he hardly got any - so are they too difficult? Have a go and let me know! They're all wedding-related words or phrases:

MAD BIRDIES: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

SPAR POOL: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

CAST FINDER: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

SAM BENT: _ _ _ _ _ _ _

ENTER EGGING MAN: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

GAME WAR VISOR: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

ELF ROWS: _ _ _ _ _ _ _

DEBIT HER SKIS: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

FADE WIN HAND SNUB: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

QUOTE BET THRU WHO: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

7 replies

Latest activity by beccak, 8 of May of 2014 at 10:06
  • S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content

I just spent a couple of minutes looking at them and got 6 - I think they're fine - you don't want them to be too easy!

• beccak
    Beginner September 2014
    beccak ·
    • Hide content

Oh good - you're clearly better than my HTB! I tried to mix some easy ones with some that people will have to think harder about. The crossword and wordsearch will be easier so these will be good for the people up for a challenge (they're just going to be printed on the back of my order of ceremony 'fans' and given out randomly).

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

I love the idea, and no, I don't think they are too hard. I might pinch some of these if you don't mind. Some of our guests are regular quizzers, something like this would be great for our tables. I wonder if anyones done any wedding dingbats?

• Dewan Demmer Photography
    Dewan Demmer Photography ·
    • Hide content

I quite like this. You could put a little note above that guests should ask each other for help, this is a great way to get people chatting with each other and mingling while expanding their minds.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I got them all except this one:

FADE WIN HAND SNUB: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

There's a mismatch between the number of letters and spaces - 15 letters, 14 spaces. Can't work it out at all lol.

But I love the idea and do intend to pinch lol. I also found some others online that people might like:

RAM RIDE: _ _ _ _ _ _ _

GROOM REAPPRAISAL: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

A GRIM ERA: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

FILLING A NOVEL: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

• beccak
    Beginner September 2014
    beccak ·
    • Hide content

Ooops - good job I did a test run on you lot! That one should be 'Husband and Wife' but there is clearly an extra N in the anagram, so I'll have to change it.

Well done on getting all the others, even I forgot what some were last night and it took me ages to remember!

Also, edited to add - gaaaaah just noticed my sig is now 3 months & xxx days. I totally missed the 4 month marker at the weekend!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Husband and wife anagrams to "UNWASHED BAD FIN"

I found an online anagram generator which is great! Will help create really personal ones Smiley smile

http://www.anagramgenius.com/server.html

• beccak
    Beginner September 2014
    beccak ·
    • Hide content

Ha ha love it, thanks! I used https://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/ but sometimes for longer phrases it wouldn't come up with anything so I had to break it down into different parts, and sometimes it came up with some hilariously inappropriate results, eg for 'throw the bouquet' one of the options was 'how hot butt queer'!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics