Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LilMissBusyBride
Beginner August 2013

Guest signing boards

LilMissBusyBride, 3 April, 2013 at 09:33 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all,

I really want a large signing frame with a picture of us to sign at the wedding. All the ready to go ones online seem a bit small (e.g. 60cm x 50cm) and I have over 100 guests so they wouldn't get much written on. All the ones from photographers seem v expensive. Has anyone found a larger one online? Alternatively has anyone made one themselves, and if so where did you get the frame? I presume it could be done with a large frame and mount but not sure if I could get a large mount with only a small picture hole, or if some mounts might bleed if written on? This is what I'm talking about.

Thanks x

5 replies

Latest activity by LilMissBusyBride, 3 April, 2013 at 19:51
  • Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

Why not get the size of frame you want and then get a large piece of card, measure the size of photo you want in the middle, cut out.

Check with the piece you cut out what pen work best.

Sharpy pens are really good, can write on anything and doesn't smudge

Eframes.co.uk do decent frames

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

Any framing shop will cut a mount to your specifications. Just select a frame you like and have the mount cut in whatever colour/shape you like. You don't have to have the photo centred if you don't want that.

Whether or not it bleeds will depend on the pens you use.

• LilMissBusyBride
    Beginner August 2013
    LilMissBusyBride ·
    • Hide content

Thank you!!!

Ok so seems like I was doing this a bit topsy turvy. I can just sort out a frame and then get a mount to fit the frame later.

Thanks again x

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content

Make sure you get pens with archival ink - these won't fade with time. This is what we supply to our clients https://cultpens.com/i/q/KR11728/zig-millennium-drawing-pen

• Guy Wade
    Guy Wade ·
    • Hide content

I agree with the suggestion about using a local framing shop. They'll have different coloured mount boards and offcuts you can try pens out on etc. And they'll make exactly what you want.

• LilMissBusyBride
    Beginner August 2013
    LilMissBusyBride ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much with all your help and suggestions! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics