Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chloe
Beginner October 2024 Surrey

Guests and budget

Chloe, 3 of February of 2024 at 03:01 Posted on Planning 0 4
My partner and I are getting married in October and we have an extremely tight budget. We are having our reception at the pub we work at ( we are both chefs at The Walton Village). It's perfect for weddings and we will be getting food at a discount along with hiring the place for free due to us working there. This has made a few family members on both sides think that we will be paying for everyone's food which we can't afford as the pice would be around £2,000 which is almost all of our budget. How do we tell guests that aren't part of the wedding party that why will need to pay for their own food as well as their drinks?

4 replies

Latest activity by DmhskcFuh, 24 of April of 2024 at 23:47
  • L
    Savvy June 2024 Staffordshire
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations , sounds like you dropped on with the wedding reception venue ☺️ , have to get some perks from work .

I strongly recommend people stick to their budget no matter what , whatever their budget may be . Have you given invitations out yet ? Could you specify in the invitation that they are required to pay for their own meal ? I don’t think many weddings have drinks including , unless it’s toasting etc , if you are skipping the toasting then people will know that they pay for the drinks from the bar as they order them . Another option would be to set up a group message room where you could explain this , but welcome them confirming back to you privately as some may not be able to afford it , and don’t get down if people decline to come due to paying for themselves , they may have their reasons and you have yours why you have to stay within budget .
  • L
    Beginner May 2024 West Midlands
    Liz ·
    • Hide content
    £2,000 is alot of money.
    We are having a reception and for hot buffet food it's come to £1800 for around 90 ppl.
    So you could pay for ppl to eat and invite less all round. There is nothing worse than being invited out to be apart of a special day and not realizing you have to be purchasing your meal. You will need to make this clear on your invites in a way that you are inviting them to celebrate with you for dinner. In the hope that a generous parent would foot the bill in the end.
  • Chloe
    Beginner October 2024 Surrey
    Chloe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for all of the replies, they have been very helpful. £2,000 is our whole weeding budget not just for food at the reception so from you're comments, I think it is an easy fix so thank you so much.
  • D
    Beginner October 1980
    DmhskcFuh ·
    • Hide content
    Recently, I've been excited to putting down a couple of stakes on a variety of sports matches going on currently. I thought I ought to tell you all that I've actually found what I deem to be one of the most reputable website within America. If you might be eager to getting involved in the thrill, be sure to visit the website: View details

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics