Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Savvy May 2022 Norfolk

Guests not attending or giving up last minute

Ana, 25 of March of 2022 at 12:57 Posted on Planning 0 6
Hello everyone 😊
If possible, I would like some opinions about what should I do in last resort regarding to guests not turning up or giving up in the last minute, if the reasons are valid fair enough but if not should I just charge them for the meals? Hopefully I won't have this issues but you never know so I want to have an idea of what to do. Thank you 😊

6 replies

Latest activity by Pinkcoffee22, 1 of April of 2022 at 08:25
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    Hopefully it won’t happen, but I don’t think you can charge people for not coming even though you still have to pay.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Are you expecting many people to not turn up? I've heard some brides complain about having up to 10% of guests not turn up, but in all the weddings I've been to, the only people I know who haven't come have dropped out through unavoidable things like illness, bereavement or a breakdown in transport.

Either way, I don't think you can charge.

• Richard
    Dedicated May 2022 Berkshire
    Richard ·
    • Hide content
    Ah wow 10%...thats got me worried now lol
  • A
    Savvy May 2022 Norfolk
    Ana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I did read an article before about 10 to 15% guests not turning up, it was just a thought as I have quite a few guests who they are work colleagues and I never know I might have a disagreement with them and they might turn up 😅
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I definitely don't think you can charge your no-show guests... but possibly ask your venue whether they can put the money towards extra table wine or something like that as the meals won't be needed but have been paid for?

• Pinkcoffee22
    Dedicated April 2022 Staffordshire
    Pinkcoffee22 ·
    • Hide content
    I would agree that you couldn’t charge anyone for not attending, nor could the money you’ve paid go to another element of the wedding as the caterers order everything they need in advance (and I’m assuming people dropping out will be very last minute).

I would say try not to worry about who drops out and who doesn’t. There may be the odd guest who doesn’t show up, but you might get 100% attendance. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics