Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Paul & Dawn
Beginner July 2015

Guests with funny requests!

Paul & Dawn, 18 of June of 2015 at 21:29 Posted on Planning 0 6

We can all do with a laugh sometimes so I had to share this...

A wedding guest of mine (old school friend) who is booked into stay at the venue the night of the wedding (we exclusively hired the venue and 20 close family and friends will be staying overnight) messaged me to ask if a friend of hers who would be in the area (never met this woman) could stay with her at the hotel so that they could 'catch up'...

In a nutshell, this stranger, who isn't invited to the wedding nor expects to be, wants to arrive at our wedding and sleep at the venue! I said the obvious 'no' to which my friend replied that it was her friend who asked her to ask me if it was ok - this surely makes it worse! I thought my friend would be in her right mind enough to say 'I can't ask that!' but obviously not!

The only excuse I can make for her is that maybe she doesn't realise that we have exclusively hired the venue and she thinks it's more the size of a Premier Inn or something!

?

Dawn

6 replies

Latest activity by Scottish_Sarah, 21 of June of 2015 at 12:18
  • HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

We had a guest that said on her rsvp under dietary requirements that she didn't eat cheese or potatoes. Fair enough. We were having a goats cheese starter with soup as a dietary alternative so she got soup.

She then complained to us after it was served that she'd rather have has the goats cheese. My response was that she said she didn't eat cheese!

• MrsV-wasMissB
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsV-wasMissB ·
    • Hide content

We sent an evening invite to Mr & Mrs X. We got one back with the rsvp names Mr X & Son (who we've never met!). We were rather annoyed!! A couple of weeks later we spotted a note on the back of the rsvp slip explaining why...but still a bit rude.

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsWebberToBe ·
    • Hide content

We've had a couple of family members asking if they can invite other people, which quite annoyed me as it's not their wedding! Also we had a request for crisps and nuts to be served at 10pm from one person.

• F
    Beginner September 2015
    Flower08 ·
    • Hide content

? This really made me laugh haha

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

By the sounds of it she didn't know it was exclusive hire!

We had one guest who in February asked me how other people were getting to the church and if they had booked taxi's yet......we are getting married end of June, she was then annoyed that I didn't know and said we had a closed facebook group (was originally for addresses) why didn't she ask on there....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics