Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner June 2012

Gutted but excited all at the same time!!!

nicadele, 17 December, 2011 at 08:39 Posted on Planning 0 2

Been MIA for a while due to other things but one of my BM's called me last night to tell me she was pregnant! This is second one its happened to lol!

Anyways im absolutely over the moon for her because they have been trying for years and she was always honest with me when I asked her to be BM. She has said to me she cant be bridesmaid because she is due round about the date of the wedding, and although im gutted she cant be bm and may not even be there on the day im so happy for her and her partner.

I have already bought her BM presents and card so im going to give her those anyways as she is very special to me and we have both been there through the ups and downs of each others lives and if it hadnt been for her i never would have met my oh.

My dilema is she was doing my hair and said she doesnt want to promise she can do it and not be able to so do you think i should get her to show me and practice so i can do it myself or get someone else to do it!

So excited going to be an auntie well sort of lol!!!!

2 replies

Latest activity by jen_84, 18 December, 2011 at 16:36
  • vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

Awww that's brilliant news! could she show another friend how to do your hair? I'm not sure I'd fancy trying to do my own on the day!

• MrsCase2013
    Beginner July 2013
    MrsCase2013 ·
    • Hide content

So glad to hear that you and your bridesmaid are on good terms! Good luck to her, and you of course! xx

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

Aw, I can understand the excited but gutted feeling and I think it's lovely that you're still giving her the gifts - after all you asked her for the reasons you describe as just because she's pregnant, that doesn't change. As for the hair, you could maybe ask her to help you choose a style and experiment a bit until you find something that you like, but I would get someone else to do it for you on the day. You don't want to be flapping on the morning if you can't get it quite right and the added stress seems unnecessary.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics