Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner September 2014

Gutted wedding co ordinator left

future.mrs.c, 28 of November of 2013 at 10:27 Posted on Planning 0 14

So...

Emailed my venue today with a small question. Got a reply back but from a different name. So I was like oh no ....... Today? The reply came back with no she's had to leave very suddenly.

Gutted, really liked her. Hope she's recorded everything she promised us :-/

Has anyone else had this?

14 replies

Latest activity by becca030713, 9 of December of 2013 at 13:53
  • Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

We've had a similar thing, the lady who was our wedding co-ordinator has gone on maternity leave and they have got a temp in to cover her work. I really like the original lady and she had been the wedding planner at the venue for years and knew everything. Unfortunatley the new lady is still learning the ropes. I was also pretty gutted, BUT i can't complain really! Ours has been mostly fine, the new lady is nice, she just doesn't know as much as the original lady did. You will be fine :-)

• M
    marmaladejar ·
    • Hide content

Our original one went on maternity leave, the replacement was lovely, then the original one came back and at the last meeting we found out that she was now leaving (and that was her last day!) and we now have yet another new person!! To be fair they've all been lovely and the contract sets most stuff out - in fact I think we got a few extras off the maternity cover one because she was learning the ropes!!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Ours went off on long term sick.

I would not wish illness on anyone on but I'm a horrible person for being relieved as she was useless. We sorted more stuff out with our new coordinator in one meeting than we did in 3 meetings with our original one.

• H
    Beginner May 2014
    hyzenflay ·
    • Hide content

Same has happened to us.

We are having a few issues to be honest, mostly to do with room rates at the hotel, but we were having those before she left, so it might just be our venue!

I was also really sad as I really liked our old one, I haven't met the new one yet, and although we got an e-mail when they first changed saying she would contact us, she didn't in the timescale she stated and then we had to contact about the room rate problem (which we are still having!) I do find it a bit stressful, as the other one was really flexible and I just don't know about this one :/

Hope things go better for you!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Coordinator turn around is surprisingly high at some places. There are some venues we work at where it seems to be a different one every time. With a couple of exceptions, i've never known it to be a problem though Smiley smile

Just make sure that if there's anything you had agreed on with the previous lady that wasn't "standard" try to find if you have it in writing anywhere and re-confirm it with the new person. It's probably good to have a meeting with them at some point too, so you can get a feel for them (and them you) and let them know as much as you feel is necessary about your day & your plans.

Unless you're given reason to, don't worry about it ? It's something that's happened to many of our previous brides and aside from a couple of consistency issues with 1 venue, it's never been an issue on the day.

• rachd03
    Beginner May 2014
    rachd03 ·
    • Hide content

Our coordinator left and I was gutted as she was great...then her replacement left!!

They still haven't hired a new one... ☹️

• Guy Wade
    Guy Wade ·
    • Hide content

Your venue - and the new co-ordinator - should understand that you will be nervous about someone new stepping in. Try to set up a meeting to make sure that the new person has all the notes and understands them.

Guy

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

Yep ours left, and the new one is even better.

So great really Smiley smile

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

This happened to us nine days before the wedding. Went down to meet her 8 days before and liked her more than the original guy. Couldn't fault her on the day either.

• F
    Beginner September 2014
    future.mrs.c ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your comments. It seems quite common. Just so annoying

Hopefully everything will be ok. Even if I did have to email her the same question 3times before she answered!!!! Smiley sad

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I had a similar thing with my previous wedding coordinator although she did give us notice.

I don't think the new coordinator is as good but hey ho... I'm lucky in that I made sure that everything I asked the coordinator was backed up by email so I have proof of agreed things.

• F
    Beginner September 2014
    future.mrs.c ·
    • Hide content

Hi

It was nice u received notice. The new lady just signed my email with a different name. Only because I asked why, I found out!

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

Ah thats annoying, sorry to hear that. I know you become attached to your main point of contact but i'm sure the venue have got everything super organised and hopefully bending over backwards to make it a smooth transition for you.

• becca030713
    Beginner June 2014
    becca030713 ·
    • Hide content

We REALLY don't like ours at all.. I hope she does leave ?

Hope your replacement co ordinator is on top of things!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics