Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

gym classes

13 of August of 2013 at 13:11 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 18

Does anyone here do the les mills classes?

body combat

body pump

body attack

body balance

body vive

bobdy jam

rpm

sh'bam

or any of the grit classes?

i currently do 2 x body combat classes but im wondering if i should mix it up and do body attack, but im wondering which class will burn more calories

currently hubby does body pump, but im not interested in weights they bore me !

i love combat and i also do zumba !

what classes do you do?

18 replies

Latest activity by pandorasbox, 15 of August of 2013 at 09:04
  • AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I have never been in a gym in my life. No intention of starting now!

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

In the past I've done the following....

body attack- great class for getting really hot and sweaty!

body balance- good for toning and strengthening

body pump- amazing for toning and sweating

I'd give them all a try, you've nothing to lose. I also think variety is good for your body, so it doesn't settle into a routine.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I think it's like a mixture of Pilates, yoga and tai chi. It's normally done to more current music, so I quite like it.

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Body combat - cardio

body pump - resistance

body attack - cardio

body balance - relaxation, posture, stretching

All great classes with different benefits. You should one of each a week. Weights are a great way to get in shape & you will be burn fat for hrs still after the class

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I chuffing hate gyms.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

I hate the gym but hubby has got me a membership cos he knew I was sick of feeling flabulous. I am too scared to join any of the classes though so just do a little 40 min workout, mainly involving sitting down at the leg machines ?

• Sange!
    Beginner January 1997
    Sange! ·
    • Hide content

I did body pump - you wouldn't get bored. You'll be too worried whether you'll make it to the end of the class. By far the hardest class I've ever done.

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Weights are one of the best forms of exercise us ladies can do. The more muscle you have, the more calories you'll burn ALL the time. I think classes like Body Pump are esential and you won't get bored. Each track is a different muscle group that you work and you don't repeat any. Don't rule this class out!!!!

Body Attack is off the scale on the cardio level so really good for fitness and weight loss.

Body Balance will tone and lengthen muscles.

Metafit is an excellent choice too if your gym runs them. Only 30 minutes of intense Interval training.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Wow Bonnie you are going to be so buff! (Not that you aren't fit already ? )

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I am the laziest m0therf*cker you will ever meet. I have been to three gym classes in my life.

I'm not even ashamed!

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I've done them all, and body pump is by far the best for rapidly changing your body shape, it gave me a tiny waist for the wedding - which I've since expanded with junk food and wine! If you are doing a lot of cardio anyway, then toning and strength will be the best thing to shake up your routine. Good luck, can't wait to hear how you get on ?

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

I do bodypump two or three times a week and it’s one of my favourite exercise classes. Your body does change shape IF you lift heavy enough weights, I see far too many women in the classes that I attend going week in, week out for months on end and their body never changes and they never increase their weights, so are always doing an entire class with 2.5kg weight on their bars! If you do weights alongside cardio you will get results!

• Studying&Planning
    Beginner April 2014
    Studying&Planning ·
    • Hide content

I miss Body Pump, absolutely brilliant and not boring. I've not found a gym near enough to me that does it, where I can get to classes now.

When a song comes on the radio that is a Body pump track I used to do I can still remember the moves and start doing them in the car at traffic lights and stuff!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Could it be muscle?

When I actually bothered working out properly at the gym I always found I put on a few, then dropped loads quite dramatically. However with 30DS it was quite a gradual loss. Maybe your body will just take a bit of time to respond, but it is so disheartening!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics