Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

janeyh

gym induction fear

janeyh, 13 June, 2009 at 11:05 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 2

I am going this afternoon and am terrified - i really dont know why - i think it is just intimidation - it cant be as scarey as having to wear a swimming costume can it?

bleuuurgh - i have pre major exam stomach

2 replies

Latest activity by janeyh, 13 June, 2009 at 20:10
  • Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

The thing that put me off was that everyone else seemed to know what they were doing......and what i forgot was that everyone has a first day and probably felt just like me!

Good luck with it.....it'll soon become second nature and enjoyable ppart of the day rather than a scary one.

• AliLindsey
    Beginner November 2009
    AliLindsey ·
    • Hide content

No need to be scared. If it's anything like mine it will probably go as follows:

They'll check your blood pressure and pulse to make sure you're fit and well.

Then they'll ask you about your lifestyle and any goals you might have.

Then they'll introduce you to the various machines and show you how they work.

Then I was given a booklet with their recommendations for a programme - ie 20 mins on treadmill at certain speed etc etc.

That was it! Simples!

You'll be fine!

• janeyh
    janeyh ·
    • Hide content

Oooh - it was actually quite fun! things have moved on since i was last in a gym! have to go back for part 2 and to get my personal programme

loving that i can watch telly while i run/cycle - it pacifies my inner slob

really nice people too which helps

i should do a n&p for our local authority - the service they offer is amazing £260 a year for unlimited swimming/gym and fitness classes across 5 centres - and much nicer equipment than the private gym which is loads more and no pool - well done conwy!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics