Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs Mack
Beginner May 2012

H Samuel Rings

Mrs Mack, 6 March, 2012 at 13:06 Posted on Planning 0 12

Just to let you ladies know that if you bought your ER from H Samuel, and can prove it either with receipt or bank statement, then you get 10% of wedding rings!

They didnt tell us this when we bought ER so just passing along the info x

12 replies

Latest activity by MrsB2013, 8 March, 2012 at 15:15
  • Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

They should have told you that when it was bought - cheeky sods!

Also check if you have a scheme at work where you buy vouchers for a discounted price. I got 15% off the price of vouchers and when I take them into the store I'll get 10% off for having had my ER from there - 25% in total!

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content

Same goes for Ernest Jones....

• Fireflies
    Beginner June 2013
    Fireflies ·
    • Hide content

I remember my fiance saying that we would get 25% off wedding rings at Ernest Jones as he bought the engagement ring from there but we couldnt see anything on receipt etc saying this? Has anyone tried it? Do you just have to take proof of purchase etc?

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

It's only 10%... and yes just reciept as proof of purchase. HSamuel, Ernest Jones and Leslie Davies are all the same company so no matter which one you got your ER from you get the 10% off at any of them.

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content

The lady in my local store remembered me so i didnt have to take a receipt...

• Dana_leigh
    Beginner August 2013
    Dana_leigh ·
    • Hide content

F Hinds also offer 20% off my WR cos my OH bought my ER there

• K
    Beginner April 2013
    Kadypants ·
    • Hide content

Ooh thats good to know! Thanks for that! They didnt tell us either. Funny that!

• K
    Beginner September 2012
    kelly1988 ·
    • Hide content

I wouldnt buy my wedding ring from H samuel, got my engagement ring from there and the diamond fell out because it wasnt properly held in, and they were rude they wasnt botherd.

So went to a local jewellers and they fixed it and did a really good job, getting my wedding rings from there instead, and they gave us discount without asking!!!

• M
    Beginner September 2013
    MrsB2013 ·
    • Hide content

My engagement ring was out of there and OH got help from the guy in the store. He wanted a specific ring and they only had one left in the UK, tracked it down and got it sent up to Edinburgh branch for him to look at and decide if he wanted it.

We got a little card with the receipt that was for 10% of wedding rings so just taking that in when its time for the rings.

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for posting this, my ER is from Ernest jones and they didnt mention it to me either! Havent had much luck with actually, the stone (crystal) got wobbly then fell out,I paid £60 to have it reset and it got wobbly again within a few weeks. They replaced it and im hoping this one lasts!

• Alice_In_Wonderland
    Beginner March 2013
    Alice_In_Wonderland ·
    • Hide content

?I think you'll find a lot of jewellery shops do this. We got my ER from Fraser Hart, and the lady there mentioned a deiscount on the wedding rings. Can't remember how much she said now though.

Not sure if we'll get the WR from the same shop though - the ER was only affordable as it was in the sale, and had a 3-year 0% finance deal on it!! They're normally a bit expensive ?

• Mrs Mack
    Beginner May 2012
    Mrs Mack ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've had no trouble with my ER. The staff in my local store however were extremely rude too! I took it in to get it resized and she demanded to know why I hadn't bought in my local store and why i had gone to Glasgow to get it, so happens we were away for the w/e but really none of her business.

We then went back in to local store to look at WRs and she practically threw us out the way to get another, older couple in. I got the impression its cos we look quite young but she lost a big old commission!!!!

The staff in the Glasgow store were falling over themselves to help us, so we're going back there to get WRs, just your luck i suppose x

• M
    Beginner September 2013
    MrsB2013 ·
    • Hide content

Oh thats a shame about the service - I went to two different branches in Edinburgh and both really nice staff but like you said maybe just luck who you get to serve you.

I'll go back nearer the time to look and try on some rings as not sure the style I want yet - good to know that Ernest Jones are part of the group aswell and could get 10% off them

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics