Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

eeyoring
Beginner June 2012

h2b doesn't want a stag. Is that weird?

eeyoring, 24 of March of 2012 at 23:03 Posted on Planning 0 18

My man is not bothered about a stag night. He asked what the point was. I'm havin a hen do and i feel a bit bad going off with the girls if he's not going to get his own night. I think its cos his life long friends he doesn't see so often now as they have bad habits he's turned his back on. I think i should feel relieved and i do a bit but i also feel bad for him. Has anyone else had a man who didn't have a stag?

18 replies

Latest activity by Rat, 5 of April of 2024 at 02:56
  • skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

Mine isn't having one. He can't be fussed with it and doesn't see the point.

To be fair I had my hen do this week, me, on my own at a spa. It was wonderful!

We just aren't staggy, henny people. It's probably more common than we think.

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

My OH said he wasn't bothered about having a stag night either, I think mainly because he isn't really a drinker whilst a lot of is friends are, I've suggested he does a quad biking or rally day so that avoids drinking to much and he seemed to like the idea.

L x

• eeyoring
    Beginner June 2012
    eeyoring ·
    • Hide content

Thats a good idea. Maybe I will suggest that. Do be honest as we both work away from home and his parents are over from living abroad I think he's looking forward to just doing normal family being at home type relaxing things for a day or two!

• P
    Beginner August 2013
    Peppr Potts ·
    • Hide content

We've got ages so i don't know if this will change but my OH has said he doesn't want a stag and if he does have one it will consist of him and his 2 brothers with a take away and the Xbox..... I think there's probably quite a lot of people who shun the normal "loud, lairy lads weekend" option (and secretly i'm quite pleased ?)

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

My H2B isn't bothered either but I would like him to do something, not necessarily a traditional stag do but a day with his best man somewhere would be nice, I suggested they go see a test cricket match or something, he seemed keen but is yet to mention it to best man so I don't know.

• Taylory
    Beginner July 2014
    Taylory ·
    • Hide content

Dont think my partner is to bothered if he does or doesnt tbh. I think though he is going to thorpe park with a group of family/ friends as he just dont want the whole drunk night Smiley smile x

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Mine isn't really too bothered either, I keep encouraging him to go somewhere for a weekend but he just doesn't seem fussed. I am going off into town and having a hotel room but paying for it out of my own money, not the wedding budget, so I don't feel bad, it is our own choices what we do or don't do. Don't worry about it.

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

My OH isn't a big lairy lads night out kind of person either, you should both just do what makes you happy. No point him having a stag if he doesn't want one.

• eeyoring
    Beginner June 2012
    eeyoring ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone. thats reassuring to hear. I'm just having a girly day not a big booze up as lots of my friends are preg or have little ones so its not like I'm going on a Crazy weekend or anything. Thanks

• fizzpop
    Beginner September 2012
    fizzpop ·
    • Hide content

My OH doesn't drink and isn't a partier so he doesn't want a Stag do either. I've suggested paintball and then back to ours for takeaway and xbox games with his friends and to be honest he's not too fussed about that either. Knowing him I think it will end up just being the takeaway and xbox but I don't feel too guilty about my hen being over a weekend (but still cheap, just going out where I grew up) as I know he'll love a weekend with me away so he can play even more xbox!

• Figs
    Beginner June 2012
    Figs ·
    • Hide content

We aren't bothering with a stag/hen - it's just not us. We're boring now! ?

As our wedding is abroad we're thinking about treating our guests to a meal out the night before the wedding, which will kind of act as a low-key 'hag' do for both of us.

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content

My h2b didnt want one as his mates think its funny to make him drink 5 diff shots in one glass until he is sick...and you know we arent in our 20s anymore...he is 37 and spent all of his 20s doing stuff like that....anyway but i kinda persuaded him into it as i felt bad for having 4!

He is just going out for a curry and comedy club night locally....he really wasnt fussed tho but im sure he will enjoy when he gets there....

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Mine isn't having a traditional stag do. He is renting a "camping barn" (stone shed with fireplace) for the weekend with some friends, in the Lake District. Plans appear to be hillwalking and maybe some climbing / kayaking, and low key drinks in a nearby country pub in the evening. In other words, pretty much the same sort of weekend as he and I usually have, except it's lads only. I can't see any shenanigans going on, not that I'd mind.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

Mr. LS didn't have one.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Mine doesn't want one either. He is from Australia and has a made a few friends at the golf club but they are heavy drinkers and he isn't so a night out wouldn't be fun for him. He is going for dinner night before the wedding with all of his overseas family and friends when they arrive which he will enjoy more.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

We didn't have them either

• B
    Beginner August 2012
    BatsGirl ·
    • Hide content

We're not bothered either. I wasn't going to have a hen do but have been hagged. We decided we wanted to then compromise and have a joint, chilled out, camping do which we are happy with but it's causing a few comments from others who don't seem so happy - though I'm thinking if they are that bothered they can have the big p*** up night for their ones!

• Louise
    Beginner November 2023 Kent
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    I am having the same with my Fiamce atm, he doesn’t see the point and doesn’t want one either but I feel bad and also sad for him 😔
  • R
    Beginner November 2024 Lincolnshire
    Rat ·
    • Hide content
    I don't want a stag do at all. Even if I did, there would only be my brother and myself anyway. He lives over 3 hours drive away and has his own family to look after. I've not told him or my other half yet that I don't want one as I don't want them to feel sorry for me for having nobody. Same as the wedding itself, I'm kinda dreading it as she has loads of friends and family compared to just 8 people on my side (all family) that will be there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics