Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2021 East Sussex

H2b family...

Mrsf2B, 19 of April of 2021 at 21:39 Posted on Planning 0 2
Anybody had any issues with partners family or siblings? We’ve never really gotten on, due to his ex wife and the children and they’re still close. One of his siblings has declined, the other hasn’t replied. How long do you give someone to reply? And is it our job to chase it? So awkward as I’m not fussed if they come, but he wanted to invite them - so now they haven’t replied I feel silly for inviting them in the first place! X

2 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 12:33
  • D
    Dedicated June 2021 Hertfordshire
    Daisy ·
    • Hide content

I can't really advise on the fact there's a difficult relationship there, but regarding your other questions - did you put a date to RSVP by on the invitations? Our 'reply by' date is this coming Friday and we have a few people still outstanding; I'm giving them until the weekend to get in touch, otherwise I'll be just asking them directly if they're coming or not. In my mind, you do need to chase it as you need to know final numbers and guests for catering/seating plans, etc.

• H
    Savvy
    HappyBrownCars12359 ·
    • Hide content

Yup agreed, we set our RSVP deadline two months before the venue needed to know, so we had a month to chase stragglers, but I think if you get past your RSVP deadline and chase again you can't do much more!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics