Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsB88
Beginner August 2015

H2b on his stag weekend......feel sick!

MrsB88, 4 of June of 2015 at 21:34 Posted on Planning 0 14

About 15 of them went to Prague this morning until Sunday.

I'm so worried about him! Him & his friends get so carried away when they drink, they get themselves in a state and don't know when to stop.

Im not worried about what he's up to. I'm worried something bad is going to happen to him. It's like irrational worry =( lol. Any words of advice?

14 replies

Latest activity by Bets2015, 5 of June of 2015 at 20:37
  • AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Try not to think about it. I know that's hard but just remind yourself, that the likelihood of anything happening to him is just the same as it would be if he was on a night out with the lads at home. Chances are that he will wake up tomorrow with a very sore head and take it a lot easier for the next few days, but even if he doesn't, there is nothing you can do about it.

Keep yourself busy - get the girls round and have a giggle, or go out yourselves!

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks AuntieBj. I've got a busy weekend planned to distract myself! It's ridiculous really lol.

Roll on Sunday!

• MrsHertfordshire
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsHertfordshire ·
    • Hide content

I can't speak from real experience as my H didn't have one (left it till last minute so didn't know what to do and I wasn't having one so he went with that idea too) but he has been on plenty, says although has ended up in strip clubs the H to be normally puts his foot down on being centre of attention (too awkward and embarrassing) and so the single lads end going overboard.

Plus read something recently that says the stag night over the years has become a myth of which sadly hen dos actually live up to?

But try not to worry, he has been out loads with his friends before no doubt, big birthdays etc and hasn't ended up with an injury or worse. I'm sure he'd be gutted if you spent the whole time feeling sick

But I do appreciate it is easier said then done - sorry if I've not been to much of a help x

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Don't worry! His friends will sort him out, even if they all get completely bladdered. The whole point of a stag is for him to let his hair down, I'm sure he will get in a state but he'll be OK. We're here if you need distracting!

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Mrs Hertfordshire & MrsShep.

I hope you're right abut stags mrs Hertfordshire!

• N
    Beginner September 2015
    N is getting married ·
    • Hide content

My OH hD his stag last weekend in Gibraltar ! 20 matelots drinking as much as they possibly could. I had spent many nights worrying but actually when they left decided there was nothing I could do and he is a grown up and could look after himself !
    I enjoyed the me time and just pushed it to the back of my mind.
    Kept myself busy and caught up with friends x he will be fine !

• N
    Beginner September 2015
    N is getting married ·
    • Hide content

My OH hD his stag last weekend in Gibraltar ! 20 matelots drinking as much as they possibly could. I had spent many nights worrying but actually when they left decided there was nothing I could do and he is a grown up and could look after himself !
    I enjoyed the me time and just pushed it to the back of my mind.
    Kept myself busy and caught up with friends x he will be fine !

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

My oh is going to Copenhagen with 15 lads. They are literally mental and have no self control / no idea when to stop. From other lads holidays he's been on something usually happens ie he lost his wallet on one and sprained his ankle on another. But I know he always comes back ok just a little worse for wear, I just try not to think about it when he's gone. This time their hotel has a tattoo parlour ? ?

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

Oh bless! you sound really scared. Don't worry they are a group of lads and will look out for each other. He'll come back in one piece (although maybe a little hung over).

Try to take your mind of it by enjoying your weekend. It sounds like you have some nice plans. Just keep busy. All will be well

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

Nothing that you can actually, realistically do right now will change the way they behave on this stag weekend. It’s not an irrational worry at all – it’s totally rational and healthy and normal to worry because you care about your H2B. It becomes a problem when it stops you doing things or enjoying things.

Focus on your plans for the weekend and make sure you are in your comfort zone. What can you do with the house to yourself? For me, it would be an evening of pizza and back-to-back Say Yes to the Dress and Don’t Tell the Bride!

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

MrsB88 we've been on a similar timescale journey a lot so far and I know you've helped me out a lot - just to say I totally feel your worry. My OH is off to prague on his stag do next week and i have the exact same concerns! We've been to Prague twice before so he has a rough idea of where he is but doesn't help my worry.

Sorry I can't offer any words of advice!

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Could be ?

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies! I'm feeling okay today. You guys are right, i cant control it so need to chill!

I'm on call tonight (I'm a midwife) so hoping to be called out, then I can spend all day asleep tomorrow lol. Tomorrow night my best friend and MOH is coming over for dinner and some movies. Sunday evening I'm going to the cinema and for a thai with my cousins (we are also very close friends). Then he will be back! Whooooo.

Cache13 Hiya! Awww bless you, thanks! My h2b has been to Prague before too so is kind of familiar with it. I'll be here for you next weekend too lol. What are us women like aye!!

• B
    Beginner August 2015
    Bets2015 ·
    • Hide content

My h2b is on his stag this weekend too ... Like you I'm worrying myself silly. I haven't heard from him since this morning but I'm trying not to think about as its doing my head in! I know that either his phone is dead or the stags have confiscated it (as they did that on the last stag he went on). I'm currently staying with my mum and have a shopping trip and a wedding reception planned for tomorrow ... Deffo agree with everyone else, keep busy! ??

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics