Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

1Lucie
Beginner May 2011

Had hair trial this morning... :-(

1Lucie, 14 January, 2011 at 12:38 Posted on Planning 0 10

Just had a hair trial with hairdresser i was going to book for my wedding. I absolutly well untruely hate it :-(. I left salon at 1130 and all curls have fallen out, my hair looked better before i went according to my neighbour!

The hairdresser was trained with a large well known chain, and i can say i had my hair down for wedding last year by a trainee at another salon and it was 100 times better!

Feel really devestated, as been looking for ages and thought id found one. Seems to be noone in my area capable of doing good wedding hair.. seen one on internet locally but they want £180 plus travelling to do mine alone.... alot but im seriously considering it now. Anyone from away want to charge even more and be put up in a hotel.

:-( :-( back to drawing board

xxx

10 replies

Latest activity by pearlymoon, 15 January, 2011 at 20:14
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Ahh bummer ;(

dont panic tho, youl surely find someone......where abouts are u based? there might be a hitcher nearby!!

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

Near Peterborough in Cambs! I'm open to any recommendations!

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Ah that's poop ☹️

At least you know not to go to that hairdressers now and at least it was only a trial and not on your actual day!

Fingers crossed you find someone else suitable! x

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

oooooooo theres a few people here round thast way, i know Elizabeth is so hopefully she reads this!!

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

Awwww hun, that's rubbish but please don't be too upset. The whole reason for having a trial run is to make sure you like the hairdressers work. It is far better to find out know that she isn't the right one to do your hair for your sepcial day than on the day you get married. There WILL be someone else who will help make you feel like a princess on your wedding day, it's just a case of finding the right hairdresser for you. I'm sure a few Hitchers from your part of the world will be able to offer you some help with names of good hairdressers. Keep your chin up, you've still got time to find a fab hairdresser x

• BrideMrsT2B
    Beginner June 2011
    BrideMrsT2B ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

I'm in Peterborough and can recommend the lady doing my hair in June. I havent had a trial yet but she was recommended to me by someone so she might be worth contacting.

I will try and send you the info as I dont like putting numbers on a forum ?

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

Thank to everyone for their support and suggestions. At least i found out early on and not closer to the day (or worse on the day).

ELiza, i have looked at that lady. She is the one i referring to in my inital post- she is quite pricey but looks very professional!

Mrs T2b Thank you for the email- i will check her too.

Just to make other brides beware of hairdressers who appear highly trained by top salons/stylists whose work is very poor!!!

• P
    pearlymoon ·
    • Hide content

Hello try this lady www.weddinghairexperience.com she did mine and my bridesmaids hair and was excellent , she is based in piddington northampton so im sure she would come to you . good luck ! xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics