Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rod
Beginner

Had my first mince pie!

Rod, 24 November, 2011 at 09:35 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 17

And it was lovely! I love all Christmas food - what is your favourite?

We have Goose at Christmas - what do you have?

WOO!! Christmas!!

17 replies

Latest activity by raincloud, 24 November, 2011 at 17:21
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

We have turkey, and beef, and sometimes pork (theres like 11 of us normally, can be more!)

fav christmas food..chocolate coins, cheaper chocolate alwasy reminds me of christmas!!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

My favourites are the gluts of chocolate and cheese that are about in our house over Christmas!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I love homemade mince pies, but not the shop bought ones so much. They don't taste the same. I got badgered to make mince pies at the weekend so I've had my first few as well. I'm having to keep pastry dough in the fridge at the moment because they keep disappearing so quickly!

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I love mince pies. Absolutely adore them! Massive tins of chocolate, cashew nuts and big bowls of posh crisps are favourite Christmas snacks here.

Lunch is always turkey, pigs in blankets, stuffing, mash and roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots, peas (never sprouts if I'm in charge!), bread sauce, gravy, cranberry sauce.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

My other Christmas favourites are:

Leftover turkey, cranberry stuffing and cranberry sauce sarnies.

Homemade shortbread.

Homemade gingerbread Christmas shapes.

I adore Christmas baking!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I did homemade christmas cakes and homemamde mince pies as presents one year - I sometimes do them with Puff pastry...Made my own mincemeat too it was lush!

We have goose at our house (xmas day) with roasties, sprouts (H LOVES them) etc etc pigs in blankets just scream christmas to me! And I cant have it without Cranberry sauce. this year im also doing a gammon joint cos my dad and brother are coming for dinner.

At H's mums (boxing day) we have turkey and all the trimmings.

So excited today!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Mince pies ?

I have one every year, to join in, but I never enjoy it as much the ever-present cheese and crackers.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

I've never tried a mince pie! They're always gone before I think about trying one.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Footlong, have you ever tried a homemade one? I promise the difference is huge!

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

Mince pies and egg nog.

H bought me a box the other day, it lasted 2 days. I'm such a piggy when it comes to mince pies.

Was up duffed last christmas, and couldn't stomach them, so i'm totally making up for it this year.

We have Turkey, pigs in blankets, mash, veg, stuffing, leek sauce, turkey gravy, roasties.

Love helping my son munch his way through selection boxes too.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

agreed!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

My mum makes lovely mince pies with a hint of orange in the pastry.

My favourite is the nibbles we have on Boxing Night. Homemade cheese straws with dips are the best!

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

I love mince pies - but in a fit of wifely-ness I rashly said to H I'd make some Mince Pies this year. I haven't baked properly for years so god knows how they'll turn out.

I also love Turkey, Ham and Pork at Christmas.

Hmmm - Christmas food!

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

We always have turkey, but this year MIL is doing pheasant aswell, so it will be nice to have something different, we always have a normal sage and onion stuffing and then we have a chestnut one which I love, pigs in blankets, with bread sauce, cranberry sauce and all the other trimmings I love it all - then out comes the cheese board, with all the different chutneys, followed by the array of desserts inlcuning flambe christmas pud.

I dont do mince pies!

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Oooooh, this is a toughie because i just LOVE food!!!

Absolutely love starters (can never decide as mum and dad always do about 6 to choose from) main is ok (nearly always full after picking at the homemade stuffing, pork, turkey, ham, etc) and not really fussy on pud but love the cheeseboard!

Boxing Day with cold meat, pickles, chips and bread and butter - simply perfect!!!

Oh, and the odd chocolate or tin!! xxxx

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Had mine about a month ago from cooplands, they make them with brandy butter on. Nom nom

• Ixia
    Beginner
    Ixia ·
    • Hide content

It's always goose in my family. Mum is doing Christmas Day lunch on the 27th when H & I have a day off & my brother, SIL & nephew are down.

In don't like dried fruit so there will be an alternative dessert to Christmas pudding.

Love the cold meat, cheeses & chutneys on boxing day.

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

Bought my first box of mincepies this weekend too - love them.

I like most christmas food except christmas pudding and christmas cake. Love the turkey and trimmings, even eat the sprouts!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics