Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner October 2025 Nottinghamshire

Hair and make up

Laura, 24 of May of 2024 at 17:22 Posted on Planning 0 5
Is it better to have 2 suppliers for this. One for make up and one for hair? Or have one that does both?

I have 5 bridesmaids to have hair and makeup too.
Also, is it usual for bridesmaids to have a hair trial?

5 replies

Latest activity by Ivana, today at 12:13
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It's entirely up to you, but I wouldn't bother with a hair trial for the bridesmaids. You'd have to do one for each of them to be sure that you liked your chosen hairstyle on all of them, and that's going to work out very expensive!

• S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Hi! Only me has had the trials, no one else! I have a make up artist and a hair dresser and they will be doing myself, my 4 bridesmaids and my mum! From 6am and we will have to be ready for around 11:30/12 as my photographer and car will be leaving around 12:15! Hope this helps!
  • D
    Beginner June 2025 Somerset
    Donald ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

It's generally more convenient to have one supplier for both makeup and hair, as it simplifies coordination and scheduling. However, if you have specific preferences or requirements for makeup and hair that one supplier can't meet, using two suppliers might be better.

• Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content

I don't have any bridesmaids I would just have trials for myself if I did have bridesmaids. Would your bridesmaids pay for their own trials? It could become quite costly indeed.

• Ivana
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content

Bridesmaids don't need a trail, you are the only one that would need one. Do all of you need to have makeup and hair done? If you have one supplier that would take way too long, how long do you have to get ready? I would say have someone for hair and someone for makeup as it is 6 of you getting ready in total, makeup takes up to an hour for bridesmaids each and hair takes usually the same, depending on the style they want, for the bride it takes usually longer as the person doing it needs to make sure you are happy with everything. If you have one person doing both hair and makeup it would be quite rushed to fit you all in.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics