Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2013

hair and make up- mobile or salon

sarah321, 11 January, 2013 at 21:24 Posted on Planning 0 10

I really wanted a mobile hair and make up service so i could chill in the morning however my wedding venue is quite remote so there is quite a high travel cost but hair price not too bad.

it is 45 call out and 25 for my hair.

what are you paying for your hair???

is 70 reasonable or ahould i travel to the salon its 30 each way oh and a small ferry.

have yet to find makeup but any idea of price would be great.

thanks

10 replies

Latest activity by Rochelle (Make up HIB), 13 January, 2013 at 11:22
  • Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

My hairdresser (also doing make up) is coming to me but she's also one of the wedding guests! I would personally have had anyone come to me so no faffing around but the travel costs wouldn't have been too high.

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Agreed, if you're remote I'd have them come to you. Only time I've seen the salon option work is within London, nearby salon

• Mrs*M
    Beginner August 2013
    Mrs*M ·
    • Hide content

My hairdresser and make up artist are coming to our venue. The hairdresser is charging £75 per hour and make up artist £105 but that includes my trial

• L
    Beginner May 2013
    Lots05 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having someone come to me, it's more expensive but I think it's worth it as its your wedding day.

Im having a lady that does both hair and make up, I'm paying £190 that includes trials.

• D
    Beginner June 2013
    Davura ·
    • Hide content

I will be having someone come to me but I am lucky as I am a hairdresser myself so know a few ppl in the business! Smiley laugh

• S
    Beginner August 2013
    sarah321 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone have decided to treat myself and get mobile hair lafy to save stress. going to see how make artist cost turns out and then cost depending do my own make up

thanks for all the comments x

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Sarah

Where are you getting married? I might be able to recommend a good makeup artist.

Juliet x

• S
    Beginner August 2013
    sarah321 ·
    • Hide content

Getting married at kingairloch estate near fort william scotland. any recommendations most welcome. thanks x

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shelltoon ·
    • Hide content

Hi same here i am from Derby if you know of any good make up artists thanks x

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

Mine is £130 for hair and make up on the day, and I have paid about £150 for trials for me (had two make up ones)

BMs are £90 for hair and makeup as is my mum and nan.

As there are 8 of us using her services on the day she is waiving the travel fee.

I am definitely having her come to us - although I know it is very much a luxury having a MUA and hair stylist, I sort of see part of the cost (which is considerable for all of us) going towards mt peace of mind on the day. I want to sit and chat and laugh with my family and friends and let someone else worry about my face, getting to me on time and getting me ready to leave the house on time

• Rochelle (Make up HIB)
    Rochelle (Make up HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi Shelltoon, I cover Derby Smiley smile. Have a look at www.rochelleobrienmakeup.com and let me know if I can help.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics