Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner March 2015

Hair and make up recommendations new forest

Bumble19, 16 of September of 2014 at 20:23 Posted on Planning 0 13

Has anyone got any recommendations for hair and make up artists that cover the new forest please. I've contacted quite a few and I'm really struggling with any level of service! I don't know if I'm expecting too much but I'm finding that they don't answer your questions they've all just demanded a deposit for my date without really helping with my questions at all!

If anyone has used anyone amazing that covers hampshire/new forest that would be great!

13 replies

Latest activity by MrsCWB, 2 of October of 2014 at 11:33
  • pinkypoo85
    Beginner August 2016
    pinkypoo85 ·
    • Hide content

Where you getting married bumble19? I am also a new forest bride getting married at Careys Manor. I was given some contacts by the hotel I will try and dig them out for you!

xxx

• B
    Beginner March 2015
    Bumble19 ·
    • Hide content

Moorhill house hotel, my very good friend got married at Careys Manor two years ago it was amazing! Such a beautiful venue and the hotel were fantastic!

• pinkypoo85
    Beginner August 2016
    pinkypoo85 ·
    • Hide content

I know Moorhill house its lovely! When are you getting married? I am 13th August 2016 so a good while yet! Though I am told the time will fly!

I am away for the next few days with work but once I am back home I will dig out the book I was giving with hair and MU recormendations by the hotel. Not sure if they will have been who you have contacted but will let you know.

Who is doing your flowers and cake?

• B
    Beginner March 2015
    Bumble19 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you that would be great. I'm using the lip hook cake company for the cake as they did my sons christening and it was awesome so we're sticking with them and travelling a bit to get it. I haven't sorted my flowers yet but need to as I've only got 6 months until the wedding now! Eek!

• pinkypoo85
    Beginner August 2016
    pinkypoo85 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for the delay!!

In my book I was given at the venue I have the below people listed not sure if they are who you have tried? Be good to know of they are!

Beautiful Brides - Lynn

Cosmetique - Melanie

Lisa Kennedy hair care

• pinkypoo85
    Beginner August 2016
    pinkypoo85 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for the delay!!

In my book I was given at the venue I have the below people listed not sure if they are who you have tried? Be good to know of they are!

Beautiful Brides - Lynn

Cosmetique - Melanie

Lisa Kennedy hair care

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Gemma Sutton https://gemmasutton.com/ fantastic hair & makeup artist.?

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, can't really help with hair and make-up as not got that far yet - and as I don't wear make-up I'm trying not to think about it lol. But I just wanted to say a hello from the New Forest and make it 3 of us down here ?. We've got the Treehouse Study Centre in Beaulieu. Look up the New Forest Wedding Group though, they may have something on there

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Just wanted to say HELLO to local brides! When I was planning my wedding there weren't many local girls to me.

• pinkypoo85
    Beginner August 2016
    pinkypoo85 ·
    • Hide content

Kizzi what a lovely place to get married and nice to see there are a few of us!

I am not actually a local girl, I live in Buckinghamshire but we both love the new forest and had our first weekend break there. Have been having holidays there since I was a child.

• L
    Beginner January 2015
    LPsoontobeMrsD ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm the new forest area too. We're getting married at Rhinefield House. I've just started looking for hair and make up too so will try those suggestions thanks! Xx

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

It was a wedding at Rhinefield House that Gemma Sutton https://gemmasutton.com/ worked with me on.? Lovely venue by the way.

• pinkypoo85
    Beginner August 2016
    pinkypoo85 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Bruce thanks for that I will also look at Gemma's site as Careys Manor is not far from there so I expect she covers both Smiley smile

• MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

The make up artist I have is in Portsmouth, but I'm sure she covers all of Hampshire - Kim at the Beauty Shed, Southsea. I was recommended her and you've seen my trial! I wanted something dark because of my hair and eyes, but she discussed my look with me at length before starting out and told me what would and wouldn't work and what products to get to top up throughout the day.

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics