Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner December 2022 West Midlands

Hair and make up trials

Samantha, 16 of May of 2021 at 13:47 Posted on Planning 0 1
I am after a bit of advice. I’m getting married in December next year and looking to book a hair stylist/MUA. We’re not getting married locally and therefore we will need to book someone unknown to us. I was wondering if people often have two trials before their wedding. I know you often book a trial 2-3 months before, but I’m worried if I don’t like the style that it will be too late to find someone else. I’m debating booking 2 trials - 1 very early on to make sure I like the style and then 1 closer to the date when I have confirmed my dress etc. Has anyone else done this before?

1 replies

Latest activity by Melissab, 16 of May of 2021 at 17:07
  • Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    I haven’t done that, I’ve recently booked my MUA and will have my trial a few weeks before the wedding (I already know my hairstylist). It did take A LOT of researching to find the MUA though. I didn’t want to be contoured and highlighted to within an inch of my life and all the websites I looked at seemed to have photos like this, which put me off. I did find what I was looking for - she is costing more, but I decided it was worth it to get the look I’m after. I good MUA will travel (mine is, there is often an extra charge for this though) so you could find someone local to travel to your venue. You’ll need to book the MUA and pay a deposit. If you book 2, you will lose the deposit for the one you don’t lose, so it probably wouldn’t cost any more to book a more expensive one from the outset

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics