Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner May 2016

Hair and Make up - When to book

Tidal Wave, 11 of November of 2015 at 18:17 Posted on Planning 0 20

Thought I'd be super organised tonight, and starting to cross a few things of the list, however - hair and make up, I know I want the same person/company to do both, but I keep reading really conflicting reports on how far in advance to book this up, one said 2 months, the other was 7 months. Our wedding is 6 months away which seems crazy to book a trial and then I think, but all the good ones will be booked up early, also what if you book your trial in 3 months, but then someone who had a trail the day before has booked them, for the day. How early is too early, and just how far in advance did you ladies book?

Sorry just quite confused, and now getting stressed Smiley sad

20 replies

Latest activity by Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB), 17 of November of 2015 at 20:15
  • Fleur88
    Beginner March 2016
    Fleur88 ·
    • Hide content

I booked my hair and make up at around the year to go mark and I am having my trial at around 2-3 months before. I knew I wanted these two people after seeing what they did at a friends wedding and I managed to secure 2015 prices before they increased for 2016

• Shelly70
    Beginner July 2016
    Shelly70 ·
    • Hide content

I booked my hair and makeup a good 12 months before and will have my trial 3 months before x

• jamborina
    Dedicated August 2016
    jamborina ·
    • Hide content

I booked more than a year in advance but the lady I booked is in quite high demand (and my mam would never have forgiven me if I'd not booked her!). Plus I'm getting married Bank Hol weekend so I wanted to make sure I got in quick before anyone booked holidays.

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

Yeah so it turns out I made a massive mistake in waiting, already had 2 reply saying they are booked up. I really didn't think they'd get booked up so soon Smiley sad

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

Oh no! I booked mine about 8 months ago and we get married on the same day as you (but not in the same area so I haven't stolen your hair/makeup lady!).

I guess you'll just have to keep trying, I'm sure there must be someone available.

Fingers crossed for you!

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

You will find one, don't worry - I booked mine a couple of months ago for my wedding on 4th June but had a friend who organised her wedding in 2 months and got an amazing hair/make up artist for hers! I had a couple email me back with no availability so whenever you do it I imagine it can be the same! Keep looking, you'll find the perfect person I'm sure xxx

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

Oh on I'm sorry you've had a few that are fully booked.

I thought the same as you and was going to wait till 6 months but saw on here everyone seemed to book over a year in advance. So I booked mine about a year before.

Wedding vendors are mad. I can't believe how far in advance things book.

Don't worry though you will find one just keep looking. Maybe send out lots of emails and that way your not waiting one at a time.

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

i think 3 months before

we dont know if the schedule full or not

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I spammed out a load of enquiries last night, and so far only had one reply with a price list. So fingers crossed that they're just busy.

It really is mad how quickly they all get booked up, but in all honesty in this moment, just anyone that's free will be fine.

Thank you for the words of encouragement Smiley smile

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, not what you want to hear but I booked mine about 18 months in advance.

Whereabouts are you and perhaps someone here will have some suggestions?

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

I booked my hair man and make up lady 14 months before the wedding and have just booked in the trials for 3 months before the wedding.

I think the earlier you book the easier you'll find availability as they do tend to get booked up quite far in advance.

Don't stress though Smiley smile x

• N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

If you know who you want then definitely book them... or at least ask them when best to book. 2 months is a bit late notice though if they are in demand.

I had my make up trial in August but getting married in January. Could only get it done in August though as we get married in Scotland so had to do it while we were there. My hair trial is after Christmas, but I'm a bit worried as she can be a let-down sometimes so fingers crossed she turns up! If she doesn't then I'll be on a panic hunt for a new hairdresser!

Best to speak to the people you want to book as they will know how busy they are.

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm near Croydon, and getting married in Weybridge, so ideally someone nearer "proper" Surrey so on the day travel isn't as far. I did reply to the price list lady, and never checked my junk mail as much ? I just genuinely thought 6 months was early, whoops.

Only started really glancing through on Sunday, and did see someone I liked, but she was one of the ones who said she was already booked.

Oh nomore, I really hope you don't have to panic find a hairdresser.

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm in Caterham! My hair stylist lives in Shirley and the make-up lady is Carshalton Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

Should have added - I am getting married in Dorking so am sure Weybridge would be do-able

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh nice, well I am up the road from there, and word of warning about traffic. Old lodge lane is going to be closed for 2 months soon, so depending on which bit you're in. Expect some more traffic, if you need to go up Croydon way.

• T
    Beginner January 2018
    ThroughGreenEyes ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried beauty call? They have make-up artist and hair stylists all over the UK.

http://www.beautycall.co.uk/prices/weddings/

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You wonderful, beautiful woman! Enjoy one or all of these internet drinks ?

Yes that means it's sorted Smiley smile

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

So glad your sorted TidalWave - must be a relief xxx

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

Woohoo! That's great news!

• Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB)
    Juliet Cunnington (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

It's never too early to book hair and makeup especially if you're got your heart set on a particular person. Most artists including myself, while let you pay a deposit to secure your date and them you can have a practice nearer the wedding day.

I've already got 45 weddings booked in for 2016!

Juliet x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics