Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cora
Beginner May 2025 Somerset

Hair and Makeup

Cora, 27 of March of 2024 at 18:39 Posted on Planning 0 2
Hi all, I'm getting married in May 2025.
I've had a quote back for hair and makeup for myself, mum, 3 bridesmaids and 1 flower girl of £900. This includes and extra person to help with hair and makeup too.
It works out roughly as £130 per bridesmaid, £350 for me and around £110 for my mum.
Is this a fair price? I'm struggling finding costings without contacting people who then seem to hound me with relentless emails and text messages asking me to book with them 🙄
TIA!

2 replies

Latest activity by Ivana, 29 of March of 2024 at 21:28
  • Emily
    Curious April 2024 Derbyshire
    Emily ·
    • Hide content

It might depend on other factors such as 2025 prices with inflation, location (London areas might be more expensive?) and any additional travel costs to the venue.

For something to compare to, for my April 2024 wedding, I'm paying total of £575 for:

Bride hair and makeup + trial £250

1 x bridesmaid hair and makeup £100

1 x mother of the bride hair and makeup £100

Extra assistant £100

Travel to the venue (15 mins drive) - based in Derbyshire £25

I did end up getting about 3 or 4 different quotes when I first started looking. Hope that helps, best of luck!

• Ivana
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content

Honestly, they do be charging that much for bridal. Which is why i'm going to practice and do it myself. I can't justify paying that much money just for hair or makeup. I like simple makeup on myself which i can do, pretty much just need to focus on it lasting throughout the day. For hair i'm just going to curl it and do some simple half up half down hairstyle, again i do that pretty often so i should be fine to do it by myself.

The cheapest I have found is £60 for the bride's hair which i'm considering if i should book or not and I think another £60 or 80 to include makeup.

You can post in some Facebook groups and see what others are offering but if i were you and i didn't have the disposable funds to get hair and makeup done i would not pay that much and would focus that money on something else.

And for the ones who are constantly messaging you, just simply say you will discuss with your bridal party and get back to them whenever you can. Most people would understand and leave you alone for awhile but eventually you will need to let them know they are not a good match for you and your bridal party.

Hope that helps.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics