Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Victoria
Curious April 2022 North Yorkshire

Hair and Makeup Artist mia

Victoria, 3 of March of 2022 at 17:15 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 5
I found a lovely Hair and MUA at a wedding fair. She seemed lovely and we bonded over the fact that we were both getting married in the same venue, both in April.

I paid the deposit and booked my trial for Wednesday last week. On the morning of the trial, (which I had a spray tan specially for), she cancelled due to โ€œunforeseen circumstancesโ€. I rescheduled for Friday. She then cancelled again Friday morning, telling me she had covid. She also posted on Facebook that she was in hospital on Friday, but was ok and would be back at work Monday.
Iโ€™ve texted and left a voicemail, but not heard anything back and I donโ€™t know what do do? Iโ€™m worrying that sheโ€™s a little flakey and she doesnโ€™t always answer messages. Do I keep giving her the benefit of the doubt? Should I be looking at finding someone else? Will I get my deposit back?

Iโ€™m concerned that she might not turn up on the day of the wedding. Iโ€™m getting so stressed out!

5 replies

Latest activity by Lizzie, 16 of May of 2022 at 19:58
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ยท
    • Hide content

I have had the same, my MUA has bneen terrible at replying to me, and i have actuall know n her for 5 years and been part of 4 bridal parties she has done before so is dissapoinitng. I then received an email 2weeks ago, my wedding ins 7 weeks, saying due to high demands she is outsourcing me!! Upsot is she has passed my booking to another MUA as she has health issues so she has actually cancelled me, but tried to make out she was passing on to one of her team, which this new lady is not and is a completly independant company of her own. I have had to fignth to get my deposit back which I now need for the new MUA, and had to threaten her with smal claims etc and she has finally paid me this week.

In your situation I would send her an email to confirm that whilst you appreciate she has been ill you are concerned that you have had no response and still need to book your trial. I would ask her if she genuinely feels she will be well enough to attend your date and if not, that is fine, you will source someone else and can she please refund the deposit. Play on the fact that as a fellow bride you are sure she understands the stress you are under so close to the wedding and not hearing from her makes this worse. Giver her a date to respond by, 72 hours should be reasonable, and explain that if you do not here you will heave to pursue the recoery of your costs due to the breach of contract her non communication has caused.

• A
    Savvy May 2022 Norfolk
    Ana ยท
    • Hide content
    I'm on the same boat but with my hairdresser, few months ago posted on Facebook for hairdressers recommendations and I decided to check out this boutique after seeing very good reviews, I contacted the person in question and always replied straight away, paid the deposit and everything was fine, last month I've contacted her twice asking when the final payment should take place and no reply, last week sent another text and no reply, I'm getting very concerned that she will ghost me on my wedding day ๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜“ should I find someone else instead and ask the person to reimburse my deposit if she decides to reply?

• Victoria
    Curious April 2022 North Yorkshire
    Victoria ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did message her again and said how stressed out I was feeling and she rang me that evening, apologising and she's been really flexible in rebooking my trial - which is on Tuesday evening - so hopefully that will go without any drama!

• A
    Savvy May 2022 Norfolk
    Ana ยท
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm glad you sorted that out, we do understand they are or might be busy, but its a very stressful time for us as well as it is our day and we want everything to go smoothly and perfect ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • L
    Dedicated September 2023 Derbyshire
    Lizzie ยท
    • Hide content
    I booked mine and sent the booking form and deposit about 2 months ago, and heard nothing. I finally got round to messaging today to confirm if she received everything, so just waiting to hear back. I'm hoping it was just an oversight that she didn't confirm.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics