Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner November 2011

Hair and makeup budget?

JST, 19 August, 2010 at 13:13 Posted on Planning 0 14

Just a nosy post really, I wondered what people are budgeting for their hair and makeup? And wondered if you will be paying for your bridesmaids hair and makeup too?

Ooh and if anyone has used a good hair and makeup artist in West Yorks feel free to recommend them to me, I dont know where to start!

14 replies

Latest activity by Mel B, 19 August, 2010 at 19:03
  • J
    Beginner November 2011
    JST ·
    • Hide content

Ooh you are lucky! Hmm thinking properly about it two of my bridesmaids are quite particular about their slap so might just let them do it themselves..

I really do spend all day every day thinking about this stuff!

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

I am very lucky to have my cosuin doing my hair and make up for my wedding present.

I am sure whether she will be doing bridesmaids yet as i have not asked that, it would be very time consuming for her. So if she doesnt they will have to sort themselves out as i cant afford to pay.

x

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Thats a bad question for me as it is the only area I am over budget!

I am having seperate people to do hair and make up and I am paying for my bridesmaids (only have 2 bridesmaids)

Hair is £250 but that is her coming to the house, doing my hair and the bridesmaids hair (she arrives when you want and doesn't leave until you are readdy to go so she can help with any last min hitches) in addition to this she will do hair for anyone else on the day that might want it. so nice blow dry for mothers sisters etc if she has time. Cost also includes hair trial.

Make up is costing me £85 on the day and £45 per bridesmaid and the trial is £35

(good job we have a slush fund in or budget plus I have saved on the bridesmaids outfits so just using that to boost the beauty fund!)

Edited to add

I left bookig hair an dmake up til quite late so some of the more reasanable people had alreaddy gone. So lesson to be learned is organise this stuff early

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I'm just starting to look at this and, dudes, ouch, it's pricey! Still, I'm sure it's an area that you get what you pay for (ever so clever mates aside, you lucky things!).

If anyone has recommendations for either hair or make up in the Henley-on-Thames area, I'll love ya forever!

• J
    Beginner November 2011
    JST ·
    • Hide content

Drifter - yep that seems like the sort of price I am looking at here in West Yorks. My lovely bridesmaids have already offered to pay for their dresses so I would quite like to have their hair done. Might see how much a place down the road costs.. Well done you for saving in other areas though and I'm sure it will balance out.

And yep CB it is a tiny bit pricey! Especially if I add in my Mum and MIL2B! Eeek need to make friends with a hairdresser quicky sharp ha.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

It's times like this I wish my brother had gone into suit/dress making, my sister into hairdressing and my other sister into make up. Damn them with their normal, non-wedding related jobs.

• froggy29400
    Beginner October 2010
    froggy29400 ·
    • Hide content

The answer is TOO MUCH... £180 for hair and make-up, they said it should be 5 to 6 hours of work. I'm booked for a 3-hour trial next Wednesday.

• Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

My hair will prob be atleast £40 - but that's with my normal hairdresser who costs about that much anyway! Bloody expensive lady.

Make up - I'm still undecided if I will go for it or not.

BMs - if they want it they will have to pay for it, their dresses are enough from me ?

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, Trickers, will have a look now! Ta muchly xx

• rebecca2286
    Beginner April 2011
    rebecca2286 ·
    • Hide content

Just found my hairdresser!! Really pleased with the price, especially for Hertfordshire!! And she's 10mins from the venue. Not getting married till 3pm so its perfect.

£30 each for hair, covering everything, not an hourly charge!! So i'll have all the BMs done, and my Mum too!! And my trial will only be £15!! Plus she does highlights really cheap too. She about 30 mins from my house, but its prob worth the petrol since in St Albans you cant get a cut for less than £40, let alone highlights!!

Make-up is being done by my sister using the miracle that is BareMinerals make-up and a bit of the ol' Benefit. My sister is really arty and good at make-up so it'll be great!

So pleased with my hair prices!!!

• L
    Beginner October 2010
    libcam ·
    • Hide content

Mines costing me £200 and thats for mine, 2 bridesmaids and mother of the grooms hair and make up, flower girls hair and hair and make up trial. Thats for them to come out to the house morning of the wedding.

• Mel B
    Beginner
    Mel B ·
    • Hide content

Hi JST

I paid £25 for hair trial and £30 for the day.

Make up was about the same or a tenner more. The girls were fantastic and I can highly recommend them, very professional, turned up bang on time at 7.30am on the day...and have great reputations.

Hair is Nicol at Funky Diva's Beeston, Leeds and make up is Kelly Anderson based in Harrogate. If you want contact details I can give them to you.

HTH

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics