Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2017

Hair and makeup recommendations in West Yorkshire

LuxuriousIvoryDiamonds550, 8 of August of 2016 at 15:21 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi all!

I'm after some recommendations for hair and makeup for myself, my 4 bridesmaids and the mother of the groom in the West Yorkshire area. I've had a search around on google but it helps if someone personally recommends someone they know are good at what they do or have used etc. Now they must be able to be mobile as i'm wanting to have the most relaxing wedding morning i possibly can without having to bustle everyone to a salon on top of everything else.

Thank you in advance ?

4 replies

Latest activity by SAL127, 13 of August of 2016 at 20:57
  • R
    Beginner April 2017
    Ratatatmilliecat ·
    • Hide content

Hello, I'm not sure where you're based but I'm using a girl from Holmfirth, BB's Hair and Beauty. Her name is Harriet. She has done Updo's and makeup twice for me for occasions and I've been really happy. She's travelling to Manchester for hair and make up for me and my bridesmaid next year. As you're a bigger party I know she works with a freelance artist called Sarah so it could be an option as you're a larger party that they maybe both come?

On their website she has some pictures and a price list so you can see what you think.

Good luck and I hope you get sorted, it was the first thing I booked after the venue.

• L
    Beginner July 2017
    LuxuriousIvoryDiamonds550 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for your reply I will go have a search for her website ?

• K
    Beginner August 2017
    katiepoppycat ·
    • Hide content

I'm using Natalie Willingham. My wedding isn;t till 2017 so it's not really a proper recomendation yet, but I have met her and I really liked her. She gave me lots of good advice and as a not very confident bride I feel like I can trust her.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I'm a wedding photographer based in Leeds. I have worked with various hair & makeup artists that I recommend and know of a couple I definitely would not recommend!

Recommended ones include

Make-up artist & hair - Emma Milner - lives in Leeds, covers Yorkshire

Make-up artist & hair - Sarah Aveyard - covers Yorkshire & Manchester

I know of several good ones, I just can't think of their names right now! If you're looking for a complicated up-do using hair extensions the best person for that is Faz Kossar who is a hair artist.

• S
    Beginner December 2016
    SAL127 ·
    • Hide content

I'm booked with Geraldine at gel bridal. Had my trial recently and she was lovely and very good with my crazy hair. Definitely worth a look if you're still looking. She's based in normanton but is mobile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics