Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bal
Curious June 2022 Central & Glasgow

Hair and makeup trial

Bal, 18 of February of 2022 at 09:56 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 9
Hi I am going for a hair and makeup trial and it is costing me £110 and the same amount on the day. I had always assumed that the trial would be cheaper. Also is that a reasonable amount to pay. I am in Glasgow. Thanks in advance.

9 replies

Latest activity by xkimx007, 21 of February of 2022 at 22:37
  • Stephanie
    Savvy June 2022 South West London
    Stephanie ·
    • Hide content

My trial is £150 and then £240 on the day (in Bath). I think everything is just more expensive than you think initially!

• Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    I am in Surrey, my hair and make up is £150 on the day and my trial is £100 so not too bad, I saw a lot more expensive than that 😬
    I saved by not getting hair and makeup done for my mum (her request) and only hair for all my BMs although i only have one adult BM so kids are cheaper. Shop around though, I was lucky my florists daughter is doing mine and she was a lot cheaper than some online quotes I got from Hitched.
  • Bal
    Bal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks. Mine seems so much cheaper now x
  • Bal
    Bal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, that’s what I am doing, I am going to pay for their hair and they can do make up themselves.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It's worth shopping around. Also, if you aren't bothered about trying different styles, asking if you can skip the hair trial. It makes me mad the way people quadruple prices for the bride - it doesn't cost any more to do an identical style just because it's being done for the bride and not the bridesmaid!

• Bal
    Bal ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes will do that. Thanks 😊
  • Sophiehannah
    Savvy June 2023 Cheshire
    Sophiehannah ·
    • Hide content
    My Hair & Make up on the day is £130 and my trial is £80, which i think is very good compared to others. She is very highly recommended in Cheshire where i live.
  • Pinkcoffee22
    Dedicated April 2022 Staffordshire
    Pinkcoffee22 ·
    • Hide content
    My hair will be £80 on the day and trial was £50. She’s amazing. So I would definitely say shop around! Xx
  • xkimx007
    Beginner October 2022 South Yorkshire
    xkimx007 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having trials with a couple of different MUAs to decide who to book (Mum is a hairdresser so don't need to worry about that side of things luckily!) and just for make up trials they ranged from £55 to £75 (that's for bride only). On the day, they've all had minimum spend requirements.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics