Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2015

Hair and MUA- how far in advance to book?

LittleRay, 5 of June of 2014 at 14:35 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi all!

We are getting married in August next year and have booked the venue/photographer/band but don't really have a clue as to how far in advance to start looking for hair and MUA?

As it's peak season I don't want to be too late and everyone be booked up, but at the same time don't want to start emailing around and look like a wally if I'm too early!

Any help appreciated!

15 replies

Latest activity by Blondie<3, 5 of June of 2014 at 16:22
  • Lottie2409
    Beginner November 2014
    Lottie2409 ·
    • Hide content

I'd start looking now if I were you, good ones will get booked up quickly especially in August. Better to be too early than too late!

• M
    Beginner April 2015
    Mrs-S-to-be ·
    • Hide content

I'm April next year and haven't booked mine but spoken to some who advise booking! Things in wedding world move a lot quicker so don't think they'll think you're silly! Xx

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Just to echo everyone else really, dont feel like a wally. I booked my MUA just over a year in advance n she and everything else that weve booked so far have said basically no such thing as too early! you might as well have it booked and in their diary rather than miss out on someone youve got your heart set on x

• L
    Beginner August 2015
    LittleRay ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all so much ?

It's a completely new experience all this planning lark!

Off to search...

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

If you're getting married on a saturday or over the bank holiday I'd suggest also that you need to think about getting someone booked fairly soon. If it's a weekday there's less rush.

• MrsParadise
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsParadise ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married in September 2015. I've already booked my MUA and hairdresser. Having my make up trial in April and hair trial in June. Book early, saves stress later x

• R
    Savvy July 2015
    RomanticGoldConfetti108 ·
    • Hide content

I would say now! I get married July next year, the first MUA I chose was already booked on the day of my wedding Smiley sad But now I have managed to find a really good one that I booked straight away x

• L
    Beginner August 2015
    LittleRay ·
    • Hide content

That's true!

And to be honest looking for these sort of things is a lovely way to spend an afternoon! (my excuse being having to waiting in for the virgin media man to arrive!)

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

I booked mine a year in advance. Worryingly, she is very bad at communicating - I dropped her a line 2 weeks ago about changing to include BMs' makeup as well as hair (and whether she can do that) and haven't heard anything at all back from her. I may have to start to look around again...

• L
    Beginner August 2015
    LittleRay ·
    • Hide content

Looking around I also don't really know how to choose- the prices all seem to be similar and although the galleries etc on their websites are helpful how do you actually know how they will make you look ?

Maybe I'll just see who is available and take the plunge

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

Are any of them at any wedding fayres/ events in your area any time soon? I picked mine after meeting her in person that way.

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

This is my major wedding regret. I put it off for ages because I live miles from my venue and it's hard choosing someone online (plus it seems really expensive) and when I did book mine (a few months back) for my wedding this August I really struggled to find anyone. I only got my MUA from a cancellation and I had emailed her much earlier in the planning process so she contacted me to see if I was still interested. I haven't found anyone to do my hair so I've had a lesson at my hairdressers as to how to do it myself. Luckily I have fairly short hair and I want quite a relaxed 'do' so it's managable but I am worried about getting stressed about this on the morning and not being 100% happy with it.

So, the moral of my story is book as early as you can. I've also heard of girls going for their trial and not being happy and choosing to go with someone else so you want to give yourself as much time as possible.

• L
    Beginner August 2015
    LittleRay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Didn't even think about this- it would be great to talk to someone in person first, thank you!

Just found out there is a wedding fair at my venue in a couple of weeks- perfect!

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

I have this fear that cus I did book so far in advance that for some reason she'll have forgotton I did it - wheres my rationality?! I think its cus everyone else we've signed something to book them...but havent had to with her yet....I might email now actually and double check, put my paranoid head to rest!

Also while we're on the subject of MUAs, out of interest, what happens if you hate your trial? mine will be about three months before the wedding, not enough time to book anyone else. Again, rational head knows for a fact that wont happen (it cant, shes very busy, always updating website/facebook with pictures of brides shes just done and they all look so beautiful, I surely cant be the first one she makes look like an old hag!) but what if?!

Anyway, enjoy your afternoon looking, its nice to while away an hour looking at pretty pictures!

• L
    Beginner August 2015
    LittleRay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's exactly what I was thinking, because- in the end you just don't know for sure until after the trial do you? I wonder if anyone has had any experience of this?

• Blondie<3
    Beginner July 2015
    Blondie<3 ·
    • Hide content

Just repeating what others have already said really...

I'm getting married July 2015 and was worried about looking silly. I researched MUAs for ages and narrowed it down to 4 I liked. I messaged all four to ask about prices and if they were available on my date and two replied saying they were already booked!

Definitely better to sort it sooner rather than later! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics