Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2016

hair and veil question

LizzieBennet, 2 of April of 2015 at 11:46 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi, I've got my hair trial in a few months and am currently looking for some styles I like.

I would like to wear a veil with a blusher. So over the face for walking down the aisle. I saw online that if I want to do this, it's advised to have the veil on top of your head and that people often use a tiara. Is that your experience/the advice you were given?

I live the idea of a tiara but am scared that it will hurt behind my ears after a while.

My mua said I could instead wear a comb but of the veil is on top of the head will that look weird without a tiara? Will you even be able to see the comb under two layers of veil?

I just wanted to hear what everyone else is doing and what your experience is.

7 replies

Latest activity by this_cat_here, 2 of April of 2015 at 20:51
  • Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I've seen plenty of veils worn without tiaras.Even those worn over the face.

The comb that's on the veil is pushed into the hair so you wont (shouldn't) see it. If you were really worried about it showing, you could have a small fancy looking slide to go above/ over the comb?

Lots of ideas and examples on pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=wedding%20veil

• charlie_rabbit01
    Dedicated June 2020
    charlie_rabbit01 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having my hair up in a curly bun, then my veil is on a comb pushed front to back into the bun. This will allow me to have a blusher.

I don't have a tiara, even though my MoH owns a hair accessories shop and I know her bands don't hurt.

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    LizzieBennet ·
    • Hide content

Thanks to both of you, it's always nice to hear other people's experience. I want my hair partly up but not too tight.

I wonder whether I would like my veil a bit further down in case I take it out later on (I can just see myself taking it out and ripping my hairdo apart).

Charlie could you send me a link to your friends shop if she has one? Thanks Smiley smile

• charlie_rabbit01
    Dedicated June 2020
    charlie_rabbit01 ·
    • Hide content

My MoH should be able to take my comb/veil out for me without ruining my hair.

Sure its www.tegenaccessories.co.uk she's down in Brighton, if you can't see what your looking for online drop her an email or use the online chat and they'll be able to send you photos of other items they have.

She stocks a bridal collection too.

The girls wear the accessories in the shop all day so they know which ones are comfy, I have very fine hair so they are often able to recommend things that won't slide out.

Happy shopping.

• T
    Beginner August 2015
    this_cat_here ·
    • Hide content

I was worried about a band hurting behind my ears too but the tiara i'm looking at (well it's in the top 2) doesn't actually go behind the ears, the band isn't that long. it looks like there are gaps for hair grips on the ends to keep it in place

I also love this one - it's on combs and you can arrange it in loads of different ways. I can't decide!!

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    LizzieBennet ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Charlie! I will have a look.

Wow, that second one is absolutely beautiful, cat! Where are they from?

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I had a tiara and it did eventually hurt my head, but I didnt notice it until well into the evening. My veil attached with a small comb into my hair, it wouldn't have fitted on my tiara.

• T
    Beginner August 2015
    this_cat_here ·
    • Hide content

They're both Alan Hannah Devoted from debenhams between £50 and £60

Here is a link to the second one (I think). I'm really swithering between the two of them.....!

http://m.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_37484+JRTA038869_-1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics