Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner

Hair Do With Halterneck Dress- Help needed please (with flash)

WhiteSparkles, 20 of February of 2011 at 15:14 Posted on Planning 0 9

I have chosen a halterneck dress for my wedding day and I have had my heart set on having my hair down with soft curls for that romantic look. My mother is badgering me to wear it up to show off the dress but I actually hate my hair up and don't think it suits me at all!

This is my dress:

I've looked at potential updos and the only thing I like(ish) is this:

Can anyone suggest any other options or if they think a down style would be ok with the style of my dress please? Thanks!!

9 replies

Latest activity by WhiteSparkles, 20 of February of 2011 at 23:06
  • AllyMcBear
    Beginner June 2012
    AllyMcBear ·
    • Hide content

Hi what about a half up half down. I think it would be nice as you could still see the side of the halterneck straps but you would have the comfort of your hair down.

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! I love it too ? It's a Justin Alexander (style 8463), I think it's from the 2010 collection as we managed to get a big reduction on it by taking one of the 2 sample dresses at the shop.

I was wondering whether a half up do would work and really like these photos so might go to the salon armed with a few choices! Thanks for your input both, really appreciate it!

• Samantha2704
    Beginner July 2011
    Samantha2704 ·
    • Hide content

I think a nice side bun would look fab!

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It would, but that's what my BMs having so I don't want to look too similar...

• M and M
    Rockstar August 2025 West Midlands
    M and M ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous dress and i think soft curls would look great! Or half up and down up and up do with loose curls coming down...

• Cheeky_pie
    Beginner August 2011
    Cheeky_pie ·
    • Hide content

I agree with the half up half down do's!!! I would just be worried if it was all down that it would get in my way!! And if its windy and it all blows over the place lol!! xx

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had not even thought about that! Thank you ?

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

Hey! Your dress is lovely! I like the halterneck style, gives it a twist!

Im a hair dresser and if u were my client id recommend feeling comfortable and confident with your hairstyle! I like the half up and half down styles as it shows off the dress and allows u 2 still feel like your hair is down!

As a bride i totally agree with u. I hate the 'bride up do's'. They are 2 perfect and severe looking 4 me and i'd never have my hair like that any other day coz i don't like it so y would i on my wedding day?

Im thinking bout loose curls pinned to 1 side for mine, soft and not severe or to 'done' looking. Go with what u happy with, Its YOUR day!

Karen

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OK, decided half up/down do it is then. I did look at the Taylor Swift style really like it but have cut a fringe in recently...not sure it'll work as well. Very excited as went to Marston Farm and saw the marquee decorated in the colours we have chosen this week and even in the pouring rain it looked fab! Thanks again ladies ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics