Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

suzysimpson
Beginner August 2013

Hair down... what accessories??

suzysimpson, 14 of June of 2013 at 11:46 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hello ladies,

So I've decided I want my hair down (or mostly down) on the day, but everyone keeps asking me what accessories I will have, and I don't know what would go with loose hair!! I have long-ish (between shoulder and b00bs) brown hair and was going to have it wavy but relaxed, with maybe a few bits pinned back or a very slight beehive...

Would you have hair accessories? And if so, what? I'm really stumped!! I thought about having an alice-band type headpiece but they all seem to be metal, and I have a very sensitive head so will give me huge headaches after a few minutes of wearing them.

No veil btw, and my dress is strapless but I'm having a lace bolero for the church.

Haven't even though about jewellery either lol.

Thanks for any suggestions!!

11 replies

Latest activity by Lemon Violet, 26 of June of 2013 at 14:53
  • tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Personally, I would have hair accessories whether it's down or up but that's just me - don't if you don't want to. I bought an alice band on ebay that was metal underneath but covered in satin and had about 7 satin 'rose buds' on top but when we went to use it, it didn't look the best so my hair dresser took it apart and wove each 'bud' into my hair with some babys breath flowers and it was quite nice. I did have my hair up but you could still do it even if down.

You could also use the hair pins with pearls or diamantes & get them woven into your hair - side would prob work best - here's one I mean:

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content

I love the baby's breath idea! Pins too... Will check those outSmiley smile Thank you!!

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

How strange - i just emailed my hairdresser the exact same question!!

I want loose waves, loose half up do and wearing a veil for the ceremony so just need a clip to hold it back so asked her advice of what type of clip she reccomends. I will let you know what she says when she replies!!

will post my inspiration pics below so you can see them xx

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for pinspiration!! I have some of those on my Pinterest account too!!

Would love to hear what your hairdresser says, I'll email mine too & we can compare!!

• Kimblebee
    Beginner May 2014
    Kimblebee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're hair sounds very similar to mine!

I was planning on doing pretty much the same, wavy/ loose curls and half up half down type thing.

My plan is to have some flowers in my hair, as I'm not wearing a veil either. so these will be pinned at the back..

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

Here is my hairdressers reply:

Lovely styles especially the last two pics, very natural. For this sort of style it would need to be hot rollered to give it body and that lovely waved look. Is your hair this length or will you need extensions?

So far as hair accessories are concerned I would suggest going for something on a small comb that you can place at the back with your veil pinned in above it so when you remove your veil later you have the detail of the hair piece. You could also place it just above where the veil goes so you can see the detail before you remove your veil. Fresh flowers would also look lovely with such a natural style. I have a selection of hair jewellery and accessories that I sell from a fabulous lady that hand makes them all, and you are welcome to try these at trial to see what looks best and the sort of thing you like.

You can come for trial at any time, if you want to make sure you are happy by doing this earlier then that's fine, alternatively you may want to come a couple of months before the wedding.

• P
    Beginner June 2015
    Princess Bride 2013 ·
    • Hide content

I plan to wear my hair similar, loose natural bouncy waves (I wear my hair like this daily) but for my big day I will take small sections from each side above my ear and loosely twist back and secure with pretty cherry blossom pins. I will be having cherry blossoms in my bouquet too so it all ties in nicely.

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

Princess bride that sounds stunning.

Goldpants i just ripped off half your pinterest....!

I am also having my hair like this, here is my hair accessory and also the comb I have got for the BM;s, I am pinning it because it is so lovely! I really like it. the alice band thing is on a metal band covered in silk, but its quite soft, not like those little ones you had as a kid that left a red mark behind your ears! When I take it off I can see the shape has sort of moulded to my mooosive head because I cannot get it back in the box afterwards without squashing it back a little bit!

xxx

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

The styles of hair you mention (either down and wavy or half up) are really versatile so you'll have plenty of choice for your hair accessories. Here's a few examples of brides from my website

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies!!

I bought my headband this morning from my dress shop, and it's super comfortable! It's this one:

This is the style I think I'm going for, with the hairband where she has the pin, and with a bit more volume at the back:

Kind of like this, but with the hairband and a proper fringe!

Thanks for all the inspiration and ideas, you're all fabulous!!

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I have some pretty fascinator pieces and they can be worn with a little birdcage veil should you wish. Please take alook at my site and contact me if you need any help

Lynne

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics