Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2017

Hair extensions

Much_ado_about_weddings, 2 of June of 2016 at 06:46 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi all,

I booked my hair/makeup yesterday! Smiley smile this was causing me a bit of a headache as there's not much choice where I'm getting married (it's remote-ish; well, to a Londoner it is anyway!) and I was befrudging the expense. However, after I've decided to just go with the one that looks the best; and I'm very relieved, even if it is going to cost a fair amount for me and 4 BMs!

But anyway - I have a question; my trial won't be until next year (wedding July 2017, so probably trial April-ish). I have mid-length hair but want to wear hair extensions as I want a design that needs a bit more length and volume. I asked the hair place for advice on which extensions to get, and rhey emailed back and said that we'd discuss that at the trial. I'm a bit confused; I thought the trial should be for trying out exactly how it will look on the day? How can I do that without the extensions? Should I wait until my trial and see what they say and risk it on the day... Or should I get extensions now and take them with me? Any thoughts/advice on this?

While writing this I realise I'm REALLY wary about wearing hair extensions for the first time ever on my wedding day...

7 replies

Latest activity by Karen84, 6 of June of 2016 at 13:13
  • C
    Beginner August 2016
    Clairej20 ·
    • Hide content

I've bought clip in hair extensions for my wedding as I have fine hair. I haven't had my trial yet. I would do your own research and buy these before your trial so you can see the full look on the trial day.

I did quite a lot of research into hair extensions and ended up buying them from milk and blush also known as dirty looks! fantastic quality but they weren't the cheapest.

https://www.milkandblush.com/

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

That is a bit strange. I am getting married in July 2017 too and I have already discussed this with my hairdresser. She said to bring them with me to any trials I have and we can then see what they are like. I would suggest buying the extensions before your trial and bringing them with you x

• M
    Beginner July 2017
    Much_ado_about_weddings ·
    • Hide content

Yes I did think this was rather odd so I'm glad you agree! I'll get them in advance then and ask the hairdresser what they recommend. Thanks very much ladies Smiley smile

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it's that odd. Without seeing your hair they won't know what sort of extensions would be best. I was all booked in to have some done to add volume (my hair is already waist-length, just very fine), but as soon as the hairdresser saw my hair she said because of how fine my hair is she wouldn't recommend ANY extensions as they'd do too much damage. I'd have been really annoyed if I'd only been told I couldn't wear them after I'd bought them!

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Clip in extensions or permanent extensions? Clip ins wouldn't damage your hair for one day of wear x

• M
    Beginner July 2017
    Much_ado_about_weddings ·
    • Hide content

Yes, clip-in! I've emailed the hair people to explain that I'm not comfortable with trying out hair extensions for the first time on my wedding day, and to ask for their recommendation or whether they want me to pop in... just waiting for a reply Smiley smile

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

I thought you meant clip in. I was replying to Madam Red about clip ins damaging your hair. I'd be surprised if they did.

Good idea to email them, that'll put your mind at rest x

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

You're right, your wedding day is not the day to be experimenting with anything. I thought I wanted clip ins too for volume but when I got them I tried them out for a while and I just couldn't get comfortable with them so I'm going without. If I hadn't tried them until the wedding day it would have driven me mad all day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics