Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SaSaSi
Beginner July 2012

Hair Extensions - Real versus Clip In??

SaSaSi, 28 of February of 2011 at 10:52 Posted on Planning 0 9

Morning Hitchers!

Ive been planning on using clip in extensions for my wedding day as I have really fine hair and want it thicker lookin - & have a trial end of month (then make up trial...then I get to try on MY dress!) and was going to get the clip ins for this so I have a better idea of the overall look.

Mum has suggested I get real hair extensions put in for the wedding - has anyone had these done, is there specific ones that are really good, do you need special shampoo, conditioner, combs, brushes, styling products for them? Hoe long do they last? Are they easy worked with? Would they be ok for honeymoon ie chlorine in pools etc?

Thanks in advance!

9 replies

Latest activity by Rhian, 12 of May of 2022 at 20:53
  • T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

My friend had extensions and they looked good when in. They were very expensive though & she lost alot of hair taking them out. A vicious circle really, because her hair was even thinner after taking the extensions out, so she had them put back in. In the end her real hair was thin and damaged. I dont know if this is the norm though, but maybe a clip would be better & not damage your hair.

• tmr1234
    Beginner June 2011
    tmr1234 ·
    • Hide content

I have got the 100% remy human hair clip in one for my wedding because as like you my hair is fine and i want it looking more full. i have tryed them in and they look fab and i love them and the best thing is after the wedding wash them and you can use them when ever you want you can do as you do to normal hair with them.

• tinkerbelly1983
    Beginner October 2011
    tinkerbelly1983 ·
    • Hide content

I bought clip ins (Babyliss), they are really good. I put them in the other day to try them out and they stayed put and I couldn't feel them at all. Mine are a bit long so will probably have to trim them. I'm having a side bun though so It will all be clipped up. I think real extensions for one day is a bit much

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Im just worried with the clip ins and my hair being half up half down the clips might show?

As much as what i'd be getting them done for the wedding i would just love to have the real deal for even a couple of months but Im just worried about hair damage....if it would wreck my own hair I wouldnt go near them. And of course any hairdresser selling them isnt going to highlight their pitfalls so little point in asking them lol

I will google your clip in brands ladies...thanks!

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content

I have used clip -in extensions and more permanent type ones and I would definitely recommend the clip in ones over anything else.

The 'glue-in' extensions will look great when in but they absolutely ruin your hair so unless you plan to wear them 'forever' I wouldn't bother.

The weave in hair extensions are more kind to your hair but VERY high maintenance. And I still found once I took them out that my hair felt thinner than ever. Also you would be very limited with doing any 'up-do' with these kind of extensions as the weave covers pretty much all of your scalp. Fine for hair down styles but most up styles wouldn't work.

Clip in extentions will look great as long as the quality is good. No point going for the budget option in this instance IMO. A good hairdresser will have no problem doing a hairstyle without showing any clips.

• Samantha2704
    Beginner July 2011
    Samantha2704 ·
    • Hide content

What kind of prices did everyone pay for the clip in ones?

I was really hoping my hair would grow before the wedding but it never seems to grow past a certain length!

I'd love to have clip in hair extensions but worried about costs

• tmr1234
    Beginner June 2011
    tmr1234 ·
    • Hide content

I paid £39 for mine but they was on sale at the time i think mine are lush hair but make sure you get remy hair they keep them the right way so they look shiny and dont esaly get tangled.

• S
    Beginner
    SunnyPurpleConfetti99079 ·
    • Hide content

Definitely recommend getting clip ins! They've changed my life i love the ones by Minque hair extensions! www.minquehair.com

• Rhian
    Curious September 2022 Dumfries Galloway & Ayrshire
    Rhian ·
    • Hide content

I’m tempted by clip in extensions. How would I match my hair colour as I’ll be doing my own hair, and ordering them online seems a minefield!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics