Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nenas
Beginner March 2012

Hair help - chin length half up half down styles?

Nenas, 16 September, 2011 at 12:58 Posted on Planning 0 7

I'm finding it really difficult to find any inspiration for my hair and need some help finding pictures that I can browse through.

Anyone know any good websites with loads of pics, or have similar hair to me and have decided what you're having?

My hair will be chin length (maybe slightly longer by not by much) and I would quite like it half up half down and a relatively relaxed/informal style, maybe a bit wavy/curly. I'm loathed to buy a wedding hair magazine as I wouldn't want to pay out for the magazine only for it not to have anything i like.

Any ideas?

7 replies

Latest activity by Nenas, 18 September, 2011 at 12:44
  • 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

You can ask your hair stylist for ideas, or you could always get extensions if you want a bit more length.

If you google short hair styles, you might find something that you like. There are also lots of hair style magazines in the shops that might help get you some inspiration?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Couldn't see many chin length styles...

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

My Hair is chin length (slightly longer) and it is quite difficult to find short styles:

I typed Short wedding hairstyles into google images and a few came up you can try, here are a couple examples:

All the above styles have hair longer than chin length, but the should hopefully be doable with shorter hair. I personally like the middle one and hope that I can have my hair similar.

• Nenas
    Beginner March 2012
    Nenas ·
    • Hide content

Well my stylist is a friend of OH's and we'll be having a session to sort out what i want, but thought best to go with some pictures to start with.

MrsC - great pics, thanks. I particularly like the first one. Hadn't thought of looking at famous peeps Smiley smile

I find google just churns out loads of classic '90s pictures lol, find it difficult to refine my search!

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

I don't know if this will help, but I found this site a while ago when I was looking for inspiration:

http://www.brides.com/wedding-dresses-style/beauty-salon

I haven't done it yet, but I think you can upload a photo of yourself then try out different hairstyles on you. HTH!

• Nenas
    Beginner March 2012
    Nenas ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Jen, will have a look ?

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

My hair is currently chin length.

My OH really loves me to have long hair, but I think i suit shorter hair more.

I am undecided as to if I grow my hair for the day (9 months to go, so not too sure how much longer it will get), have hair extensions (not too sure if that will cause problems on the honeymoon), or keep it short and have a short down do.

Decisions decisions!

• Nenas
    Beginner March 2012
    Nenas ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was same. I quite like the idea of longer hair, but always get fed up of it by about shoulder-length as it gets too knotty so end up just get it chopped off. I decided against extensions as I've never really had hair too long so think it would look a bit odd, even if it was all gathered in an up-do.

Bit I am now faced with the indecisions of what style to go with!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics