Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner July 2010

Hair. HIB help please!

brideseekingblush, 17 March, 2010 at 12:47 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hello.

I have quite fine hair, which doesn't really hold combs that well - they tend to drop to just above my ear when they're on the side for instance! Hair slides are better. To a degree.

But - OH HATES tiaras, and isn't very keen on headbands. I'm planning on wearing my hair in a half-ponytail sort of style with a veil at the back.

Is there anything you can suggest? Or should I just not bother?

Oh my "theme" is roses and my jewellery will be gold.

9 replies

Latest activity by missdeedee, 18 March, 2010 at 22:06
  • 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

What about some fresh roses gripped into the hair, I would have suggested hair twist bit gold is difficult although I have some topax ones and I also have some Gold coloured pearl hair diamonds which I am selling off here https://www.3djewellery.co.uk/index_files/hair_diamonds.htm If you do use a comb you could put kirby grips over it to secure it.

• Jumbly Girl
    Beginner May 2010
    Jumbly Girl ·
    • Hide content

My hair is super fine and combs never stay in, but when I went to my accessory designers house, she picked out a lightweight hair accessory and pinned the comb into place with kerbies and it was fine. I was amazed and I was sure it wouldn't stay in. Besides - if you're getting your hair done professionally, your hairdresser will have loads of tricks (and lots of hairspray), so as long as you choose a lightweight hair pin, I'm sure it will be fine.

Loads of the hair accessory designers will put designs onto clips for you if you request it - so that's another option.

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Thanks both of you that's really helpful. Jumbly - not so long now for you!

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

My hair is the same and my hairdresser managed to get a comb to stay in, they work miracles!!! I'm sure they could get one in your hair and secure it well.

Alternatively, you could go for pretty hair pins or a hair vine.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I'm another with fine hair but I have found combs which work if my hair is half up/all up.

How about an alligator clip? I've recently designed this

and this again on a alligator clip http://lynseysdesigns.co.uk/hair-pins-slides/

I also make designs on kirby grips if you feel that would work better.

Remember that even if your h2b isn't keen on tiaras and headbands that once you have your dress on, hair done etc you will look different and there are so many ways of designing tiaras and bands that they don't need to be really princessy if he has that in mind.

If you want any more sugestions I'd happy to help.

Lynsey x

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I think there are loads of different options for you. You could have pins, slides, or you could go for more of a floral fascinator rather than a tiara.

Below are some images of some bits I've made; everything I do is hand made to order so can design you something specifically for you. And we'd definately be able to do something that co-ordinates with your dress.

Hope this helps

Katie

obvioulsy there are colours here, but everything can be changed to suit your needs.

• Sharonhair HIB
    Sharonhair HIB ·
    • Hide content

Just to echo what everyone else has said really. Your hairdresser should have ideas to help keep eveything in place. I always put a couple of grips in a comb for good measure.

Lyndsey and Katie, both of you are very clever ladies, your designs are lovely.

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Ladies - wow, some beautiful designs there. I'll have a think.

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Sharonhair......nice to hear from someone who works in the hair sector!! ?

• missdeedee
    Beginner April 2010
    missdeedee ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I have the same problem, my hair is really fine and quite soft and clips always fall out!

I am having 2 artificial flowers that Sherrie H (HIB on Hitched) made for me and honestly they are totally totally gorgeous. My hairdresser was in love with them when I had my trial. They are attached to kirby grips so stay in perfectly. I think something similar would look lovely with what you have described.

The hair flowers are at my mums so don't have them here to take a pic, but here are the pics Sherrie sent me to show me the style.

(Sherrie I hope you don't mind me posting these)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics