Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsMeldrew
Beginner October 2012

Hair in that awkward growing out stage - any ideas?

MrsMeldrew, 18 January, 2012 at 15:31 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hello all,

I'm currently growing out my invited bob for my wedding in October and it's currently not quite at the base of my neck. I'm sure this isn't going to grow much longer for the wedding so I'm looking for some hair ideas for shorter hair (if I don't give up and cut it all of again). It's also quite fine so is a bit of chuff to do anything with! I'm also going to be wearing a veil.

8 replies

Latest activity by EmmaRose33, 22 January, 2012 at 22:28
  • MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content

Anyone? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase!

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content

That's really lovely! Did it stay in well? My hair tends to drop styles easily. X

• EmmaRose33
    Beginner
    EmmaRose33 ·
    • Hide content

October? You've got ages! Of course you can grow it by then.

First of all you need to start taking sea kelp. It makes your hair grow faster and (from what I can tell) stronger and shinier. Although it's not isolated to the hair on your head, *all* your hair grows thicker and faster... as I have just discovered whilst tidying my lady garden.

Secondly if you are using any heat styling straighteners etc stop. Use a blow dryer if you must but use a heat protection spray.

Are the ends of your hair dry and split? If they are you need a trim. I didn't have my hair cut for over a year but it was in such dreadful condition it was breaking off at the ends and getting shorter. You should try to get a tiny trim fairly regularly. Dry ends will be counter productive.

If your hair is dry use a deep conditioning product once a week.

If you smoke stop! Get your partner to massage your head to increase bloodflow to the scalp.

Try not to brush it too much.

I am going on what is working for my Twinny and I, we are both trying to grow our hair. We both used to straighten it too much and had really dry hair as a result. I am assuming you are the same. If you have beautiful moist perfectly conditioned hair then I can't help you apart from with the stopping smoking and TAKE SEA KELP. I didn't actually smoke before so I cannot vallidate that as having worked for me, but I am using my common sense and slight medical knowledge to assume it won't help.

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content

First of all you need to start taking sea kelp. It makes your hair grow faster and (from what I can tell) stronger and shinier. Although it's not isolated to the hair on your head, *all* your hair grows thicker and faster... as I have just discovered whilst tidying my lady garden.

This has absolutely tickled me! I can't stop laughing at the thought! Thanks so much for the advice. Where do I pick this sea kelp up? Holland & Barratt and such places?

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I might have to get some of this sea kelp, mine is at the in between stage so I am having to have wefts added for length as my hair grows so slowly.

• EmmaRose33
    Beginner
    EmmaRose33 ·
    • Hide content

Holland and Barrett

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics