Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2016

Hair & Make-up Trial - disappointed :(

Mrs-Riley, 16 of May of 2016 at 09:19 Posted on Planning 0 4

First of all, so glad I had a trial before the big day so I discovered this.

I had my hair & make-up trial on Saturday and let's start on a high - I absolutely loved my hair and the lady who did it was so friendly and really tried her best to get my hair like the picture I showed her. It also felt as though it would stay in all day (I kept it in from my trial at 9.30am until about 5pm) and I think it looks really natural and relaxed - I didn't want anything scraped back from my face or anything. See pictures below;

But I am in two minds about my make up Smiley sad

It was Airbase, which was advertised to me as being amazing - that I could sleep in it and it was really light. I did actually post about it on here when I first agreed and (as with anything) got mixed reviews.

It was quick enough to go on and I agree, was really light when it was on. Looked really good once it was on and she did listen to me when there were some things I didn't like (like the chunky eyeliner she used).

I kept my make-up on whilst doing my normal routine on a Saturday (went shopping very glam to Aldi!) and then I found it wasn't as smooth and was quite shiny by about 3pm - and become pretty much non existent by 5pm. She didn't put much powder on at all, so I feel this could have combatted the shine and maybe helped it stay on longer?

I'm going to email her and ask if there's anything she could have done differently (not a bloody clue if she could!) and go from there - she does Mac make-up but I've heard it's very heavy on your face and I'm not sure if it wouldn't look as natural on me.

I don't really want to find another MUA as this one is also doing my hair so it would be awkward and also - I can't deal with the stress so close to the wedding.

Help ?

4 replies

Latest activity by Paula @ Ollievision, 16 of May of 2016 at 15:02
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Oh no! Smiley sad

Sounds like your MUA is a lovely lady though, so I would just explain that it didn't last as long as you'd hoped, and ask if there was anything else you could try. Explain your concerns about 'heavier' makeup - I'm sure she's heard them all before Smiley smile

Hopefully, she'll be able to recommend something for you Smiley smile

xx

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I'm pretty much a non wearer so can't recommend other than I agree speak to her about the problems you had. And don't stress. Spots! However, hair looks fantastic! X

• L
    Beginner
    Lucy Jones - Make-up Artist ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I am a makeup artist who predominantly uses Mac cosmetics and there are so many Mac products that could be used on your skin. There are plenty that will last for hours, not feel heavy or greasy and will not produce a shine. I think it is definitely worth speaking to your original Artist and get her back to do another trial explaining exactly what you weren't happy with. If after a second trial you are still not happy I think it would be well worth booking somebody else. Your hair does look really lovely so you could always keep the original lady for hair only.

It is your one special day and very important that you are happy with everything and the Makeup is such an essential part of this. I wouldn't be embarrassed with the makeup artist, just be very honest and Im sure she will be professional and want to sort the problem, as this is what you are paying her for.

One thing that is important to keep the foundation in place for a long period is the powder as it fixes the products and will stop the shine. I will quite often recommend to my brides a Mac, blot pressed powder that is fantastic and is worth you getting to have for the day. This enables you to touch up as and when you need it, along with your blusher and lipstick. This will help to keep you looking fresh and fabulous all day and night.

I really hope this has been of some help and if you need any other advise please don't hesitate to contact me.

My contact details can be found on my website at: lucy-jones.co.uk

Good Luck Lucy Jones

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

I used bare minerals for my wedding as I'm not a makeup warer normally and i looked just as done up at 11pm as 1pm so recommend a trial maybe at one of those counters.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Mac is very popular with the professional makeup artists. I think it's probably the most commonly used range for weddings as it has good coverage and lasts well. I think you should just be honest with her about it and see what she suggests.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics