Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria

Hair on the day!

Shay, 21 of March of 2024 at 19:56 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 4
My wonderful hairdresser has gone to have her little baby! She announced in November she was having a baby so told me to get my hair trials in. I have had 2 and they just weren’t me. Nothing to do with her just they didn’t suit me. I do not see her until my wedding day now and I am unsure of what to do? My friend has said she will do trials on my hair but even if my hairdresser copies them on the day they may not look the same. I am not sure what to do? Just wing it? Or just hope I like the differences from one hairdresser to another? Has anyone else just went with it on the day and it worked out fine??

4 replies

Latest activity by Monster, 4 of April of 2024 at 08:28
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I did, and it was absolutely fine. I was going to go for a trial run but Covid knocked that on the head so the wedding morning was the first and only time - no time for a redo if I didn't like the first effort!

Who suggested the styles for the hair trial? If it was her, maybe you need to provide some more direction as to what you want. If it was you, then maybe ask her for style ideas. (Presumably she will be available on email nearer to your wedding even if she has no time to do another trial)

It's a good idea to practice styles with your friend to get a feel for the kind of style you like - while every hairdresser is likely to approach a style slightly differently, I don't think there should be sufficient variation to make a huge difference, especially as you presumably booked your hairdresser because you liked her work in the first place.

• S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello! Thank you for your reply! This makes sense! I didn’t actually think about covid times! It was myself. She is amazing. It just didn’t suit my face. Hair up was too bulky but I am very thankful I have long thick locks now. It took me a long time to get those. The other was the front of my hair. It just didn’t sit right. I guess I could have my friend and take photos and I can send them over nearer the time. I booked her as she is so lovely and got my hair to where it is now. She is very good at what she does I just didn’t know where to go from here. x
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In that case, it might be worth asking her for suggestions - if she does a lot of hair, she should be used to knowing what styles suit different types of hair and face shapes. I knew I needed my hair up (post lockdown it was a real mess and no time to get it back in shape before the wedding!) and didn't want it too stiff or artificial, so I basically told my hairdresser 'put it up in something simple that you think will look ok' and she got it spot on.

If you're not sure about her ideas, you could always get your friend to try them out to give you extra peace of mind. Because if a style that your hairdresser recommends also looks ok when your friend does it, it will be like a double guarantee that it should be ok on the day.

• M
    Beginner March 2024 Tamil Nadu
    Monster ·
    • Hide content

For comprehensive CCTV camera and computer rental services in Thanjavur, look no further than Vigash. With their commitment to providing top-notch equipment and exceptional service, Vigash offers a wide range of CCTV cameras and computers for short-term or long-term rental needs. Whether you require surveillance equipment for events, construction sites, or temporary projects, Vigash ensures flexibility and convenience with their rental options. Their extensive inventory includes high-quality CCTV cameras with features such as night vision, motion detection, and remote access, as well as a variety of computers and peripherals to meet your computing needs. With competitive pricing, prompt delivery, and excellent customer support, Vigash is your trusted partner for CCTV camera and computer rentals in Thanjavur.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics