Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Hair or makeup first?

11 of July of 2014 at 23:42 Posted on Planning 0 5

I think I'm going to get my makeup done in mac for my wedding, on a small budget and can't really afford a traditional type makeup artist. Just wondering if it's best to get my hair or my makeup done first? My hairdresser will come to my house to do me and my bridesmaids but I'll have to travel to the mac shop in te city centre to get my makeup done. My bridesmaids also want their makeup done too (I'm paying for their hair and said they can sort their own makeup) so I want to book our timeslot soon but don't know what goes first!

5 replies

Latest activity by pammy67, 12 of July of 2014 at 13:52
  • C
    Beginner August 2014
    caromb ·
    • Hide content

I think I would wash and dry my hair then go for makeup and come home and have hair styled... that's assuming your hair can be styled after freshly washed... you can always 'touch up' your make up x

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

I am a beauty therapist and every time I have done bridal makeup the bride has always had her hair done first x

• emabee
    Beginner August 2014
    emabee ·
    • Hide content

I think hair would last longer than make up? Could you put your hair in rollers, get your make up done and then come back and have your hair styled?

Won't it be stressful though, having to travel in to the city centre on your wedding day, find somewhere to park, risk traffic etc? You might sweat on the way home and ruin the make up you've had done. Couldn't you go for a free Mac makeover and learn from them how to do it yourself on the day so that you don't have to leave home? x

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

Hair is supposed to be done first as if they use any heat it can affect the make-up. That said, I'm having my make-up done first as my MUA is coming to the house (she's a neighbour) but I'm getting ready at the venue. As it's a December wedding, I don't want poor weather to wreck my hair travelling from home to the venue so the hairdresser is coming there.

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

My worry would be the weather for your hair. I'd chat to your hair dresser and see what they'd prefer. I'm having both at my venue so they can both touch up and tidy up etc. I don't think this is an easy call tbh. x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics