Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rosie
Curious May 2023 Lothian & Borders

Hair Trial

Rosie, 9 of May of 2023 at 12:18 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 7

Hello all Smiley smile

I had my hair trial last night and came away feeling really anxious.

I have shoulder length, straight hair which is very fine and silky. I thought I knew exactly what I wanted - middle parting removed and all swept back with plenty volume into a low bun, possibly with twists. The more I sat with the style, the less I liked it and just didn't feel like myself at all, I came away feeling anxious about the wedding day and confused with what I'd like. We did try a couple of other similar styles which I thought would suit but the added volume from twists/back combing just looked too fussy and old fashioned.

I've realised that I just like a very simple, sleek low bun with my middle parting left as it is. My stylist is lovely and so patient and she said that if I realise I'd like something completely different to what we tried then that is totally fine, do you think I should arrange another trial? My wedding is in just over 2 weeks and I'm just looking for a little reassurance, has anyone else felt disappointed after what you thought would suit just didn't?

Rosie x x

7 replies

Latest activity by Duncan, 28 of August of 2023 at 11:13
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content

I didn't like my first hair trial at all. She replicated what I asked for but I realised it just didn't suit me. I booked another one and told her exactly which bits I liked and didn't like from the first one so she knew how to change it. I felt so much better with my 2nd trial.

I would recommend having another one so you are not trying a different style on your wedding day itself. It will feel much less stressful to know you have a style you like in advance.
  • Rosie
    Rosie ·
    • Hide content

Hi Hayley, that's really reassuring, thank you. That's exactly how I'm feeling, what she did was lovely but it didn't feel enough like me. I've asked to arrange another trial Smiley smile I feel like I'm messing her around but I guess the trials are for figuring out what you do/don't like!

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

The whole point of a hair trial is to work out what you want - otherwise, you could just tell the stylist to turn up on the day and do whatever. If you are 100% sure you know the style you want, you could just tell her and have her turn up on the day, but for peace of mind, it would probably help to have a trial beforehand.

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

I had a second hair trial too as I felt the first style I had chosen was too fussy. I've gone for something simpler and happier although still not quite sure still. Definitely go for a second trial.

• D
    Beginner July 2023 New York
    Donald ·
    • Hide content

Dear Rosie,

It's not uncommon to feel anxious or unsure after a hair trial, especially when it's for such an important occasion like your wedding. It's great that you've taken the time to reflect on the style and your feelings about it. Trusting your instincts and feeling like yourself on your big day is crucial.

If you've realized that you prefer a simple, sleek low bun with your middle parting as it is, then it's definitely worth arranging another trial. Communicate your concerns and desires to your stylist, explaining that you've had a change of heart TellHappyStar and would like to explore a different style. They should understand and be willing to work with you to create a look that you love.

Remember, it's your wedding day, and you should feel comfortable and confident with your hair. Sometimes what we envision doesn't always translate the way we expect, but that's okay. It's better to make adjustments now rather than feel unhappy on your wedding day.

Also, keep in mind that hair trials are meant for experimentation and finding the right style for you. Many people have experienced disappointment or uncertainty after a hair trial, so you're not alone in feeling this way. The most important thing is to communicate openly with your stylist and work together to achieve the look you truly desire.

Wishing you a wonderful wedding day filled with joy and happiness!

• Rosie
    Rosie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's exactly how I felt Lea! I've got a second trial booked for tomorrow and going to go for something really simple. I bet you'll feel happier on the day when you have your make up done and dress on, I think it's tricky to feel 100% about it until it all comes together x x

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Rosie,

Hope your second trial is much more to your liking. It's difficult to know what you like with just one trial. We try on many dresses but we don't get to try out as many hairdos. Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics