Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner August 2014

Hair Trial - want to change my style for the wedding day....possible without another trial?

weddingvirgin, 8 of May of 2014 at 18:35 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hey everyone,

Today I had my hair and make up trial for the wedding. Very happy with my make up and also really like the hairdresser. Unfortunately there was no mobile reception in the place where my hair trial was so I couldn't show the hairdresser any pictures of what I wanted. None of the pictures she had in the salon really matched what I had in mind either. So all she really had to go on were my rubbishy descriptions!

I did like what she did but think I'd still prefer it to be a bit different on the day. Has anyone had their hair trial then gone for a different style on the day? My sister is going for a hair trial in a few weeks so was going to send some pictures in with her. Unfortunately I'm back down south tomorrow and won't be back again until the wedding. So really its my own fault for not being more prepared and going in with some pics printed off!

Just to give you an idea i've added a flash from the trial (sorry about the huge size!) and here is a link to what i had in mind http://www.ideasku.com/braid-and-bun-hairstyles-women/french-braid-bun-hairstyle-tips-idea/

2 replies

Latest activity by ClaireD*, 8 of May of 2014 at 21:10
  • pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Of course you can have something different. If you can, send her pictures before the event though and ensure you have them on your phone/ipad/tablet or laptop on the day to show her too.

• MrsGreen-27/9/14
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsGreen-27/9/14 ·
    • Hide content

I don't see why not, like you say I'd send the pic off with your sister so she has a better idea of what you'd like. I love what she's done with your hair it's very pretty, but (just my personal opinion) I do prefer the other one as it's a loser plait & a softer look. I really don't think you'll have any problems, I think anyone involved in wedding services, especially bridalwear, MUA & hairdressers are all used to Brides changing their minds!!!

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

I think your hair has turned out beautiful - congratulations!

The first pic, with the comb in, is lovely. I can see how you might want the plait on the second pic to be a bit looser, and relaxed, as the two sides may then work together better.

As soon as your hairdresser sees a printed picture of the one in the link, and can compare it to the pictures of you, she'll get the picture, and realise that it's a minor change to just not put in that hard defined parting by the plait.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics