Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Curious September 2021 Central & Glasgow

Hair up or down?

Nicole, 8 of July of 2021 at 10:09 Posted on Planning 0 9
This I literary my biggest dilemma at the moment I have my trial this month, I’m stuck between hair up or down styles to go for. All my life I have always wanted my hair down but when I try on my dress with my hair down it doesn’t seem right to me and there is always a force urging me to but it up.

Anyone else having same problem and wanting to share ideas? X

9 replies

Latest activity by Purple Girl, 8 of July of 2021 at 19:49
  • Jade
    Dedicated May 2022 Essex
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    Have you thought of trying half up half down?
  • N
    Nicole ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes lol that’s the down style I’ve been looking at but I just doesn’t feel right jade. I think it’s the neckline of my dress it forces an undo. X
  • Voiceoftruth
    Dedicated October 2021 Oxfordshire
    Voiceoftruth ·
    • Hide content

Is there a way you normally have your hair (I.e. up or down)? I was told by someone a long time ago that you should generally have you hair up if you would normally, or down of you do that normally. That way, it’s not new and weird so you’re automatically a bit more relaxed.

• N
    Nicole ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I usually have it up so Mabey that’s why I feel it’s more comfortable or something x
  • Jade
    Dedicated May 2022 Essex
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah ok - yes type of dress definitely plays a role when deciding - have you tried the dress on with hair up and down? At the end of the day you need to feel
    Comfortable how you choose to style your hair xx
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    I always wear my down and wouldn’t full right with it up some I’m having swept to one side.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

What does your hairdresser think? They're used to styling hair to go with different styles of dress, so it would be worth having the conversation.

Otherwise, just go with what makes you feel the best. I've heard the thing about wearing hair your usual way, but didn't work that way for me. I never have my hair up, had it put into a low bun for my wedding and felt AMAZING! So go with what makes you feel good.

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Just a thought. Something not mentioned is the time of year you are getting married. For example in the midlands its always windy around September and I have seen plenty of brides hair ruined just going from the house to the car or walking up the church path so an up style may fair better.

Hair up or down? 1

• P
    Dedicated July 2021 West London
    Purple Girl ·
    • Hide content
    I was like you didn't know what to do.
    I'm.having half up half down. Best of both worlds . Remember you can have it styled differently. I'm.having plait detail in my top bit .

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics